Stellarator

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
YaleLandsberg

Stellarator

Post by YaleLandsberg »

Hopefully this question will appeal to some of you DIY experts here...

The Sellarator is an alternate to the tokamak fusor. See https://www.google.com/search?q=stellar ... e&ie=UTF-8

Is there any interest in an unconventional method of creating an inexpensive small size Stellarator by using an alternate method of creating a Möbius Strip?
Richard Hull

Re: Stellarator

Post by Richard Hull »

Yale, I am rather stunned that you really believe an amateur stellarator is a genuine possibility. However, if you personally have the time, verve and finances to tackle a fully functional amateur stellarator based on first principles, I leave you to it. Most workers actually involved in the "doing" here have trouble with turning a glow discharge into a real fusion reactor device consisting of a simple two electrode device!

Honestly! Do you really believe in such a quest? Finally, do you possess a full working knowledge of the details of the assembly of even a simple stellarator beyond a wiki site quick rinse and boost?

Of course, it is never about what you believe is it? It is never about what you might even think you can do. It is really about what you can do and succeed at doing, and having achieved your boast, presenting it to a critical scientific review of your peers in the fusion effort.....People who have already done real fusion by their own hands and proved it to that same group of peers.

We get a myriad of people urging or tasking us to do this-or-that wonderful experiment they have stuck in their heads and present to us. Would this cadre of non-hackers do it? Whoa! That is always a bridge too far for them. Doing is not their "thing". However, watching others do things they suggest is where they are in this effort. They are "arm-chair fusionist boosters". We don't need cheerleaders or a pep squad. We need Teachers, teaching from experience, active, continuous participants, doers, and experimenters.

I was asked, in my role as this site's "garbage man" by my peers here, to delete your post. Mostly due to no image presented of your own work in your post in this "image" forum. Also due to the common thread of many dreamers appearing here not introducing themselves, first, and posting a pie in the sky suggestion with no work done on their own.

I have chosen not to remove your post as a classic example of "wind blown across the decks" by a new person who has no concept of what is involved in what he or she advances with no record of their actual doing anything with their hands towards actually achieving amateur fusion.

Not done to scold, but to point out what we do here.... Amateur fusion. We typically post theoretical thoughts and construction musings in one of the fusion theory forums here, but only after carefully considering what we are posting based on real experience in the field.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”