Neptunium's fusor progress

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
vince_Darmancier

Re: Neptunium's fusor progress

Post by vince_Darmancier »

i may be missing a few pictures but i should still have most of them Paul..i will get on it as soon as possible..

Here is the neutron count from today`s run
I did struggle to get it up to 20Kv because it was getting too hot and untill i get to that value the neutron detector remain silent.
count resized.jpg
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

Paul and Vince,

I have looked at Vince's posts in this thread.
This is not the "typical" image attachment blight that has been affecting large numbers of posts from prior to the move.

Vince is posting these images as links rather than the recommended uploading of files to the forum.

I looked at the html source coming to my browser for these messages. The "image" tags in the posts just look like text in my browser, but when I look at the html source encoding, they are actually very very long links to a file on
"lh3.googleusercontent -dot- com/..."

The image he just posted of the counter read-out is also done that same way (a link to google). I think this is just the very old problem of using links rather than uploading a file. The content on the other end (google in this case) seems to have gone away. (Aged out?)

This is not a case of the 'broken links or missing uploaded files' on the fusor forum server that we are trying to repair.
Rex Allers
vince_Darmancier

I am sorry if my pictures are causing issues I thought i was following the guide line of the link for pictures posting...
At the beginning, I did struggle to upload pictures as a normal upload and this method seemed to work..
Please let me know how to fix it and i gladly will !
Thanks Rex and Paul

On a different note, here is my latest fusion run !
star mode resized.jpg
yes the clock is still in summer time i forgot to change it
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I am not seeing one single picture that Vince has ever posted here!! including today's image! Are they jpeg images? All I get is a circle with a bar in it. and a large blank area. is anyone else seeing images?

Also, at this moment in time, I notice all good images in other forums here are very slow to load.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Vince
It is not hard to post pics
you have to process your pics so that they are 1024 x 768 pixels
this can be done by using freeware like "irfanview" (https://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm) under image/ resize resample
and then up load and make it inline

images bigger in size than what I have indicated start to do different things and do not add to the resolution of the average 20" computer monitor.

using outside hosts for pics tends to leave posts in limbo when the host dissappears or the poster doesn't pay to keep it there
vince_Darmancier

got it .... Let me know if it works

I was a bit suspicious about the neutron count so i moved the detector to different spots, I also installed this lead shielding around the fusor
and this metal plate that should limit the amount of x rays reaching the neutron detector.
Its pretty sensitive to neutron but i dont know how sensitive to xrays and gamma .
None of these action affected the count (except the distance ) only when i flush the fusor with air or helium will the count stop completely!!.
shield resized.jpg
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

Vince,
Looking good on your fusion efforts and also nice work on replacing all those old and new image links with uploaded files.
Rex Allers
vince_Darmancier

Awesome ! thank you!!!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Vince, I have viewed your recent video that you PM'd me. You are doing fusion and I have logged your name into the neutron club. Make sure and share you video's URL here so that others here may see it. I have seen this video grow and expand in a manner that shows, Vince's steady pace towards his win.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
vince_Darmancier

This video/post and many hours of work and research, got me a spot in the prestigious and highly sought after neutron club ! i am very proud of this distinction as it reflects on a lot of pain, money, focus and labor .this is not the end though!
Rather the beginning of many more challenges and a better, ever refined understanding of mother nature`s laws !
Activation is my next challenge ! Fusor.net has not seen the last of me !
thank you for all the support in this exciting journey!
best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrQ_es9kqA
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

Congrats Vince!
As always, very cool video.

Mark Rowley

Return to “Images du Jour”