Fusor Progress, Luke Harrill

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Luke Harrill

Re: Fusor Progress, Luke Harrill

Post by Luke Harrill » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:22 pm

My first light!!
(on 2-18-19)

I couldn't wait any longer to start testing, so I wired the XRT to 120 VAC, threw together a grid, pumped the system down, and turned on the variac. I initally used only the Welch to get down to ~20 microns before turning on the power. After a bit of cleaning, I was down to 14 microns and turned on the turbo.

Overall, I was able to play around in a range of 5-40 microns, 0-35kv, and 0-?? milliamps (I haven't calculated the current drop from the ballast yet). I was also able to check out the x-rays from the viewport, hv feedthrough, and a some from the shell.

I'll clean up a tad, and add a pic of my current setup tonight.

-Luke Harrill
Attachments
20190218_190420[55].jpg
20190218_190354[53].jpg
20190218_175616[54].jpg

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:18 am

Great work Luke! You are in the plasma club now. You have a good chamber and the insulator is doing great.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:19 am

Any luck yet on your regulator search Luke? I'm still keeping my eyes open for you. I'll look this coming weekend at RARSfest too in case something (unlikely, but you never know) pops up.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!