radioactive food?

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
AllenWallace

radioactive food?

Post by AllenWallace »

I didn't bother turning on my Geiger counter.
IMG_2103.jpg
IMG_2103.jpg (42.8 KiB) Viewed 3488 times
Jeroen Vriesman

Re: radioactive food?

Post by Jeroen Vriesman »

funny!

but really... there was a time people thought that radium was some kind of magic medicine, radioactive chocolate, even radioactive toothpaste!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12732/9- ... tood-risks
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

You think food is bad! Try the URL below where men and women used to shove radium up their most private places. The ORAU website is a major source of info. I have used it for years related to history. Bill Kolb's fabulous book, "Living with Radiation - The First Hundred Years", is the best extant reference of images and text relating to products the public consumed that were radioactive. The curator of the ORAU museum is his co-author. It is good to study history related to radiation and materials that are radioactive.

https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/qua ... radsup.htm

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Daniel Firth

Post by Daniel Firth »

A coworker and I bought a photo from eBay that was too good to resist. Then, we had it enlarged, and attached a printout of the description that was on the back of the original.

"Lt. Col. Belmont Evans, looking over piece of irradiated ham."

From Argonne National Lab, 8/5/1955
Attachments
HPIM1797.JPG
HPIM1796.JPG

Return to “Images du Jour”