HEAS 32 Photos

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

HEAS 32 Photos

Post by Frank Sanns »

Please post your pictures of this year’s even in this thread.
Attachments
E417A945-E4DF-4B64-AEE1-6ED7539139B3.jpeg
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Susan51160

Re: HEAS 32 Photos

Post by Susan51160 »

Awesome group! Sure did miss attending this year.
David Rosignoli

Post by David Rosignoli »

Thanks for the group photo! I wish I could attend. Waiting eagerly to see more photos.
Dave
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

Still running at midnight.
Attachments
1654634D-1FE5-4DE4-BDC4-303FD6E4E429.jpeg
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Jim Kovalchick

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

Some more pictures
Attachments
20211002_110913.jpg
20211002_110856.jpg
20211002_110859.jpg
20211002_110904.jpg
20211002_110906.jpg
20211002_110848.jpg
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Still reeling my brains, composer and nervous system back into this 76 year old body in a massive decompress here. I will post my images soon. I kept a tight record on my sleep over the last five days. On no night after Monday Sept 27 did I get 4 hours sleep! The shortest night was 3 hours. This is what it takes to pull this stuff off when you host a big event.

We had a total of 50 folks show up from 60 signed up. 14 canceled and 4, very late, asked to attend and were accepted and showed up for that to make the 50 that did show up. The vast majority never wore masks as most were fully vaccinated among those, who in casual conversation, I heard from.

One of the most enjoyable and buoying things for me was the rather generous number of new young faces doing good work who attended. I am terrible with names of new folks so I may need help sifting through these names in my image of the fusor group photo I will post below here. If you do not see your name by your image. e-mail me (hull7103@Comcast dot net) tell me which row and number from the left that represents your image. I will update the image back into this posting. (notice all the old guys standing. They dare not kneel, they might need help getting up...embarrassing)
Alas, a couple of the fusor.net folks there were not in the photo who should have been, but all the screaming and bull horn announcements that the photo would be taken did not see them show up for the photo.

The entire week before, during and now afterward, consisted of glorious, bolt clear fall days with daily highs of 77-81 and evenings after dark in the low 60's. Friday night shutdown of the lab occurred at 2AM in the morning. and the last soul cleared out of the lab on the day of the big event at 3:30AM Sunday.

The fusor V was run 4 times over the two days Fri.-Sat. to a rapt audience. Each successive run was a yearly record, one after the other!!!! Jim Kovalchick timed my first fusor start on Friday evening. From the start of the mechanical pump until the 3He neutron counter was roaring, (indicating fusion), was under 5.5 minutes. More on these runs with data later...

Fusor hardware abounded in the flea market with lots of mechanical and Turbo pumps being sold. High voltage supplies were also sold. The usual mountain of high vacuum plumbing fittings, tubes, gauges, clamps, spacers, rings and nuts and bolts flooded my lawn. High voltage capacitors, books, Geiger counters, Geiger tubes, PMTs with scintillation xtals and transformers changed hands. Really, the most spectacular sales for fusor related materials. Many seller's cars came in dragging their rear bumpers and some buyers left, bumpers dragging.

The evening speakers were well received as were the many physical demonstrations by attendees of their fun projects.

I felt I better leap in here and give a general account from my stand point and observations. One of the finest HEAS yearly blasts in the past few years.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Fusor team.anno.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

All right, here are the few images I shot, mostly at 9AM on Saturday. It was a zoo and this was the only short period I was left alone to setup up my sales area and shoot photos. This period was a feeding frenzy. (Always is.) I had no time the rest of the day to shoot photos as I was buttonholed constantly by folks needing this or that, buying my stuff...Me buying their stuff..."where is the bathroom?"..." I think all the diet Pepsi's are gone from the cooler can you put more in the ice?"....It went on the whole day. My only respite was the glorious evening meal at Texas Road house. Then it was back to the wonderful, but expected bedlam until 3:30AM. Spent a lot and sold a lot. Probably broke even...

As always, click on images to enlarge...

Hey guys, I saw a lot of folks clicking away with cell phones/smart phones constantly all day and into the night. Come on, cough up some images that you shot!

Richard Hull
Attachments
Kit.John.jpg
KIT.Frank.jpg
Tim1.jpg
Tim2.jpg
Goodies1.jpg
Goodies2.jpg
Goodies3.jpg
Goodies4.jpg
Goodies5.jpg
Goodies6.jpg
Goodies7.jpg
Goodies8.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Aidan_Roy

Post by Aidan_Roy »

I didn’t have that many but here are some fun ones that were captured. A few videos will be added soon
Attachments
Having fun with the singing bowls
Having fun with the singing bowls
Mercury vapor rectifier in dark
Mercury vapor rectifier in dark
Richard’s mercury vapor rectifier in light
Richard’s mercury vapor rectifier in light
Cade Neely

Post by Cade Neely »

Here are my photos from HEAS. As a side note, I am all the way on the right next to Aidan in the group photo.
Attachments
All gather round for the evening's demos
All gather round for the evening's demos
Aidan demonstrating the effect of charge with HV
Aidan demonstrating the effect of charge with HV
Richard explaining how it works
Richard explaining how it works
Some fun in the lab
Some fun in the lab
Record run Saturday afternoon
Record run Saturday afternoon
Watching those numbers climb!
Watching those numbers climb!
Fusor run
Fusor run
3 (1).jpg
Setting up neutron counters pre fusor run Saturday.  Richard and Jim kovalchick both had Eberline PNC-1 neutron counters.  They prepare to  see how close they are in reading neutrons during the run.
Setting up neutron counters pre fusor run Saturday. Richard and Jim kovalchick both had Eberline PNC-1 neutron counters. They prepare to see how close they are in reading neutrons during the run.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks Aidan! this is just the kind of stuff I wanted! I had no chance to take a single photo of demos, personal interactions, talks or anything after 10AM on the day of the event. I look forward to the videos, Aidan.
Anyone else have any cool stuff like this to pile on here?

I am compiling a full exposition on the 3 major fusor runs.

Richard Hull
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

For the promised Fusor run detailed data and decay graphs go to....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14192

Richard Hull
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

John Fenley took this video of my rapid startup of fusor V to doing fusion (5min 20sec) from cold no vacuum startup to fusion. Jim Kovalchick, operating the stop watch, noting that the 5min, 20 sec was me narrating what I was doing as well, and this slowed the process a bit even at the fast 5 min+ timing result. A side note: it took 14 days of work to get the large numbers reorted. However, on the first day of the rock bottom counts, I alwys did fusion from scratch in under 10 minutes, it just slowly went up each day. For me it is all wall loading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhg0OuLYq8

Richard Hull

Return to “Images du Jour”