First hamfest in 18 months

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

First hamfest in 18 months

Post by Richard Hull »

I attended the Manassas VA hamfest on Saturday 12 June. This is the first hamfest for me in 18 months. I am used to about 13 hamfest per year, but covid killed all of them until now.

While the urge to buy was great, the pickins' were slim and the fest somewhat muted. (about 1/2 its normal size) It was all outdoors and almost no one wore masks.....A good sign..
Shook a lot of hands from friends and regular HEAS attendees.

What little I spent and took home will prove useful. I attach some of the stuff I bought. Not seen are 6 new, in package Radio Shack lithium batteries. Since Radio Shack folded I have been buying up a lot of their lithium rechargeable batteries that various vendors have bought out vast amounts of their old stock. $1.00 per battery or 6 for $5.00 Most are replacement cell phone, blackberry flat pack 700ma to 1800 ma batts.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Hamfest621 (1).JPG
Hamfest621 (2).JPG
Hamfest621 (3).JPG
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Rich Feldman

Re: First hamfest in 18 months

Post by Rich Feldman »

Yay!

Today would normally have been 4th & middle event of the season for "Silicon Valley" electronics flea market.
But no, it's the 16th date canceled for Covid.
July 10 is still penciled in by the organizers (regional ham-club association ASVARO).
But they have only 4 weeks to find a new venue, since Fry's Electronics went out of business.

https://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Isn't it simply fantastic that these incredible vaccines are so extremely successful and that life can finally get back to normal?
Dan Knapp

Post by Dan Knapp »

This is getting off topic, but if we want to go to hamfests as well as engage in other normal activities, we need to get the rest of the population vaccinated. The more virulent delta variant is taking off, and we will continue to select for worse variants if we don’t get more people vaccinated. Ultimately, we will select a variant that resists the vaccines, and we will be starting over again. We must all work to urge the unvaccinated to get vaccinated, or we’ll be back in the same pickle again; no hamfests, no nothing.

Return to “Images du Jour”