Six Inch Cross Fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Re: Six Inch Cross Fusor

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 am

Yes, a good deal better and much better looking decay curve. Glad it is at least working better for you.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Jim Kovalchick

Post by Jim Kovalchick » Sat May 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Posting this today just to share a little eye candy. Because I've been testing out my new heavy water conversion, I did several runs today. The wall loading has been fantastic. I fired up an old Eberline PNC and sitting in my lap six feet from the fusor it read 250 cpm. I was running at 45 kV and 11 mA.
My picture was probably closer to 30 to 35 kV, but I like the colors. Most of the color was courtesy of grid incandescence, but there some plasma pink too.

Jim K
Attachments
20210501_094927_My home.jpeg

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Sun May 02, 2021 6:41 am

Great result Jim! It looks as if the wire grid is doing the work for you now.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.