FUJ-219 Magnetically Assisted Ionization fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Maciek Szymanski

Re: FUJ-219 Magnetically Assisted Ionization fusor

Post by Maciek Szymanski » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Today I’ve cleaned up the back side of the seam (outside of the chamber) and placed the back seam on both halves of the chamber. I’ve also layed out the positions of port holes according to the drawing and prepared the flange for the diffusion pump connection.
Now I have to find the way to swap the milling machine table with the double pivot universal one for boring the inclined holes.

Laying out the chamber centerline:
BB93B11B-E2E1-49E3-A4E3-C60E96257D15.jpeg

Laying out the ports:
3A9F0217-9B9B-49E4-BBC3-951E1D9D4CA6.jpeg
Chamber with back seam placed an the diff pump flange:
B3F8997E-E9A3-49DE-975F-85101229E8CD.jpeg
Last edited by Maciek Szymanski on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Richard Hull

Re: FUJ-219 Magnetically Assisted Ionization fusor

Post by Richard Hull » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:08 pm

Doing major machine mounting changes can be tough and time consuming to do one particular job. Finally, you realize you have to put the machine back into the "normal" manner of use once you are done. More trouble and hassles. But, it has to be done to proceed. Thanks for the continued updates and discussion on what you must do to keep moving on in the effort.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.