I think the first Boron11 2-Laser fusion example

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Mike Beauford

I think the first Boron11 2-Laser fusion example

Post by Mike Beauford »

Another first I think which is a boron 11, 2 laser system had measurable fusion with a helium by product.

http://www.nature.com/news/two-laser-bo ... gy-1.13914

Mike Beauford
Mike Beauford
Richard Hull

Re: I think the first Boron11 2-Laser fusion example

Post by Richard Hull »

Hard to feel anymore warm and fuzzy over this than NIF or ITER. Ho, hum. The usual plethora of gotcha's, catch 22s and what-if's abound in the annoucement as with all other such fluff and puff pieces. Still, a nice piece of expensive work that will not go anywhere, most likely. Putt-putt boat fusion....Again!?....Still!?

No neuts! That's no fun.

I love the rig! Very impressive and pretty too.

Now, I have given you your wet blanket and helped you on with your gravity boots.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hester

Re: I think the first Boron11 2-Laser fusion example

Post by Richard Hester »

It's interesting in that it looks like an example of plasma wake accelleration, but, to put it snidely, the mountain labored to produce a mouse. A tabletop fusor with a boron-coated solid inner grid could have accomplished the same thing without a lot of roaring and screaming. This would also be totally within the capabilities of the group at U. Wisconsin, as they are no stranger to solid grid experiments and definitely have the kit in terms of power supply and vacuum system. Not much use to doing it however, except to say "I done it".

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”