laser ICF + Sonofusion = BSF

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Scientist M.A.D.

laser ICF + Sonofusion = BSF

Post by Scientist M.A.D. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 am

CLAIMS

I claim:

1. A device for generating fusion energy comprising:
a.) spherical inner chamber
I. with a reflective interior surface, for the purpose of preventing
heat loss and lowering the temperature in which ignition occurs
II. with provisions for pumping electromagnetic radiation inside
the chamber, so that the fluid inside can be used as a laser gain
medium and also for the purpose of optically tracking the fuel
b.) spherical outer chamber
I. surrounding the inner chamber
II. with provisions for acoustic & electric transduction, enabling
pre-ignition movement and compression of the fuel and also
enabling post-ignition harvesting of the blast’s kinetic energy
c.) space between the two chambers
I. filled with a fluid
i. that is an acoustical medium
ii. that cools the inner chamber
d.) space inside the inner chamber
I. filled with a fluid that
i. circulates as an efficient high-temperature coolant
ii. encapsulates gaseous fusible fuel inside of a bubble
iii. is transparent to selected electromagnetic frequencies
iv. is a laser gain medium that can amplify selected frequencies,
so that the inner chamber can function as a spherical laser cavity
v. is an acoustical medium, enabling fuel transport and compression
vi. blocks x-rays, preventing damage to the chamber walls
vii. absorbs neutrons, preventing the escape of hazardous radiation
viii. breeds tritium, replenishing the supply of easily ignitable fuel
ix. slows fuel dispersion during combustion, increasing burn-up fraction
2. A method applying to the device according to claim 1 where said method
accurately determines the location of a bubble using the technique of
multi-occultation triangulation.
3. A method applying to the device according to claim 1 where said method is used
to move a bubble by manipulating the pressure in its local environment, based on
the ideas that
a.) a bubble’s size is determined by the background pressure
b.) a bubble’s direction of motion coincides with the buoyant force and is determined
by the pressure gradient
c.) the interplay between the buoyancy force and drag force causes large bubbles to
move faster than small bubbles when subjected to the same pressure gradient
d.) fluctuations in the background pressure can be synchronized with fluctuations
in the pressure gradient, so that, even though the bubble is pulsating backwards
and forwards in tiny steps, large overall displacements can be accumulated.
4. A method applying to the device according to claim 1 where said method causes
thermonuclear ignition in a bubble of fuel, comprising
a.) positioning the fuel at the focus of a spherical laser cavity so that
i.) the fuel will not be able to effectively cool by radiating away light
ii.) the reactors structural components are well shielded from the explosion,
making larger yields and higher gains possible
b.) making the cavity laser-active, by pumping it with enough light to cause
an upper-state population inversion
c.) squeezing the fuel, so that
i.) the fuel becomes hot and radiates brightly (sonoluminescence)
ii.) the fuel’s radiation creates an outgoing laser cascade
iii.) the fuel is in a state of pre-compression when the cascade returns
iv.) the fuel is further heated and compressed by the powerful laser effect
d.) containing (preventing dispersion of) the fuel, so that
i.) the fuel can self-heat, lowering the energy required for drivers
ii.) a greater fraction of the fuel gets burnt, increasing the gain
iii.) low-temperature volume ignition is possible

Return home.

Richard Hull

Re: laser ICF + Sonofusion = BSF

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Claims are easy to make. Here we demand proof before recognising that much of anything of value exists in claims, patent apps, etc. Wild ideas are just that to us.

We don't even care about net power production claims. We find that when well understood fusion occurs, there is measurable nuclear debris flying about. We demand this measurement first, indicating that genuine fusion has, indeed, taken place. Without this evidence, all claims of fusion are just so much wind over the decks.

Arm chair expounders, while amusing, can't trump hardware, nuclear measurements and hands-on action.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Mike, this is now your third post doing little more than dropping an off-site link to your homepage. Fair enough once in your intro, but you don't want any of us getting the impression that you're link spamming.

I'll second Richard's comment about so much wind over the decks. To the extent that your idea has merit, it will become manifest only through your commitment to building and testing it. Reality has a well-known habit of frustrating all the fanciful schemes that get announced here, and, unlike the patent office, experimentation will quickly and rudely point out the shortcomings of a concept.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 pm

As a pro se applicant with allowed patents, I can tell you that you are well advised to study past patents very closely for several months before attempting to write your own. If you have never seen an allowed patent that looks and sounds like your own, then you need to take note. If you do take a look at other patents, you will find allowed patents have a short, neat intelligible title, and similarly clear claims, with clear instructions for how to make the thing without any further [guess]work to make it run.

Examiners can be very helpful to pro se applicants who make a good attempt. (In fact, it is part of the job for USPTO examiners to provide support to pro se applicants.) Examiners are also very tolerant of those with good ideas who don't really get to grips with 'the ropes' in the first round of rejections.

However, in the case of this kind of gobbledegook they get rather ratty and I anticipate you are likely to get little help, but instead a terse rejection. They will weigh up if it is an applicant and application that are worth putting their effort into to get to an allowable state. This application looks to me to be somewhat too far off the mark.

If you are serious at progressing the application, you'll be needing to do some work. You should have good responses prepared to address the following matters; i) the claims are unspecific and replete with terms that do not specify, with required clarity, the claimed subject matter, ii) the invention is not enabled, iii) undue experimentation will be required, iv) there is no credible assertion that the invention will perform the claimed utility.

Unfortunately, this means you currently have neither the viable hardware or measurements Richard has plainly pointed out are absent, but you don't have a viable patent application either! Both matters are found wanting, if you want to be taken seriously.

Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Mr Mike,

I have just looked through the USPTO notes on your application so far. Well, it cheered me up - I am amused!

In an attempt to be helpful to you, I'll tell you why your 'Oath' has been rejected 4 times: The reason for these rejections (and you've still not made the oath correctly) is that you have filed the wrong oath! You have filed an oath to practice as a patent attorney!

The following form is the oath to be completed and submitted with a USPTO patent application; PTO/SB/01: http://www.uspto.gov/forms/sb0001.pdf .

Curiously, many of the applications I have studied miss the oath in their initial application and have to submit it later. Even patent applications from practising patent attorneys. Not sure why. The requirement (and where to find the form) is made plain enough when applying.

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:24 am

This one receives a high score...

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Steven
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG

RobertTubbs

Post by RobertTubbs » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:55 am

Mike, you've mistakenly posted in the wrong forum.

This is the forum in which your contributions belong.

list.php?bn=fusor_deleted&here=1222437139

Warm Regards,
Robert Tubbs

Scientist M.A.D.

Post by Scientist M.A.D. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:52 am

Sorry everyone, I meant no disrespect when I called your reactors toys. It was an unintentional faux pas, not intended to stir up this hornet nest. Besides, toys can be valuable as learning tools, and they’re fun to play with too!

I don’t want to sound pompous, so let me reintroduce myself. I’m a high school dropout, having no English training beyond 7th grade. I’m employed as a blackjack/poker dealer. But, I like learning; I programmed all the simulation code for my invention, know enough Calculus to teach a class, act as my own patent attorney, and, most recently, created a website. (please don't visit)

I don’t’ want people thinking I’m a link spammer, so can someone please edit (or delete) my posts, to remove the hyperlinks pointing to my website? Sorry, I did not realize posting those links would be frowned upon. In fact, I’m getting so much traffic now, I’m afraid my provider will shut me down. Besides, I’m not ready for visitors yet; I’m still trying to improve the layout.

Someone told me that if I wanted to be taken seriously I should begin building a prototype. I disagree. It would not be wise to begin construction on a very expensive prototype before ascertaining the potential merit. You guys are supposed to be smart, so, I'm asking you, does my invention have any merit?

I’m always being accused of talking gobbledygook. What can I say, maybe I am insane?

Thanks,

M.A.D. scientist

P.S. You can delete this post too.

Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Mike A Deeth wrote:
> Someone told me that if I wanted to be taken seriously I should begin building a prototype. I disagree. It would not be wise to begin construction on a very expensive prototype before ascertaining the potential merit. You guys are supposed to be smart, so, I'm asking you, does my invention have any merit?

I don't think that is a question that can be answered. You may receive responses regarding *opinions*, but with 60 years of fusion research and far out claims, you really do have to push the boat out and get some hardware up and running.

The most perfectly formed ideas of how to achieve fusion have so far come to naught when the realities of instabilities have taken their effect in a real experiment, so an imperfectly formed idea is going to fare even worse when exposed to critique.

You have to build it. If you can't build the whole, you'll have to figure out how can you chew off a small enough chunk to demonstrate it might be in the right direction. You have to figure that out, you are the only one to do it....... together with the chap who also filed a similar patent to yours... as below....
Attachments
deeth_prior_art.jpg
deeth_prior_art.jpg (362.71 KiB) Viewed 4782 times

Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:51 pm

"10 points for each claim that quantum mechanics is fundamentally misguided (without good evidence). "

Oh, that IS rich!

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television - http://farnovision.com/book.html
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 50 years in the past and we missed it."