CrossFire fusor

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Linda Haile

CrossFire fusor

Post by Linda Haile »

I came across this article while searching for information on multicusp ion sources. Not really relevant to what I was looking for but interesting all the same.

I don't think it has been mentioned here before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossFire_Fusor
Doug Coulter

Re: CrossFire fusor

Post by Doug Coulter »

Ah, another patent of something that has never even been built -- just what we need

Probably put up there by the author hoping to catch anyone who does fusion for real and happens to use some of the same pieces, so as to legally steal their work/time/money if they become successful.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Mike Beauford

Post by Mike Beauford »

Hi Lyn,

Well...it looks like he filed a patent for this concept, and concept is all it is as far as I can tell. My guess is he didn't build this yet. Why does this remind me of Eric Lerner....hmmmmm.

Mike Beauford
Mike Beauford
Wilfried Heil

Post by Wilfried Heil »

Another reincarnation of the Bussard Polywell (TM)?

This looks like the homepage owner's own advertising on Wikipedia for his PCT patent application:
(WO/2010/043930) MAGNETIC AND ELECTROSTATIC NUCLEAR FUSION REACTOR
http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?WO= ... LAY=STATUS

You can make a donation here:
http://www.crossfirefusion.com/nuclear- ... rview.html

The inventor and applicant is listed as Moacir L. Ferreira Jr., an electronics technician and software developer from Brazil. PCT makes two persons out of him.

The homepage mentions Andrew Seltzman's fusor work as prior art for a cooled grid.
Chris Trent

Post by Chris Trent »

Yep, I see absolutely no evidence of this having been built, let alone operated.

Lots of pretty pictures and hopeful phraseology, all carefully in the present tense to suggest fact in what appears to be thus far an entirely speculative venture. Nice marketing, but that's all it appears to be so far.

I wish him luck, it would be interesting to see what his concept amounts to, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

-Chris
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

No trace I can find, yet, of this in the UK IPO or USPTO systems, so it appears the applicant has not yet taken the steps to pass it to the national stage for actual patent issue (the expensive bit!).

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”