Spectrum interpretation...

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Chris Bradley

Re: Spectrum interpretation...

Post by Chris Bradley »

I've been making steady improvements to my technique to improve imaging of very dim plasmas. The latest results are as here. This is a spectrum of one of my 'crimzon doughnut' plasmas. I can't vouch for the scale. Much more to see now, compared with first attempt, above. Interpretations welcome.

Attachments
DSCF0040s.jpg
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

Chris - aim your spectroscope at a low pressure sodium street light, and you can at least calibrate on the intense sodium "D" line.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Sodium street light (high pressure type, judging by the brightness of it):

I will aim to improve this spectrum (actually quite difficult as it is a *very* bright source but with no background illumination of the scale, the inverse of the dim plasmas).

Looks to me like the 589nm and 569nm are showing up at around indicated 609 and 589, but the lower 475 and 466 are about right. So I'd judge this to say that it suggests the scale is about right in blue, drifiting to 20nm over-indicating at the red-end.

Attachments
sodium_light_spectrum.jpg

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”