The device that I built

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Chris64Strev

The device that I built

Post by Chris64Strev »

My device is not a circularly polarised thing at all. The ions are held in their complex orbits by the force of repulstion between unlike currents. The force is approximately I^2/d^2 times e0. If the orbit is helical then this force has to equal the centripetal force of an orbiting ion. Mv^2/r.

So Mv^2/r=(qv)^2/(R-r)^2 e0 where q is the ionic charge and e0 is the permittivity of free space.

The collision energy=mean free path x e-field strength. Since the ion moves in a helical path it travels much further than the length of the tube. I do not know the pitch of the helix so I cannot work out the maximum path length.

The orbit of the ion is complex and it is forced toward the axis where the density is highest and where the collisions occur.

I believe the small amount of power generated comes from the naturally occuring deuterium in hydrogen. However since the equivalent temperature of the collisions was calculated as over 200 million K it could be proton fusion that is occuring and that generates no neutrons according to a poster here.

My calculation also indicates that to generate a self sustaining system that generates net power using hydrogen a pressure of 1000 Tor with an exciter power of about 45000 watt would be needed for my set up. I have no means of doing this and at that exciter power my conductors would melt and the Pyrex tube likewise.

So I would like to try a deuterium tube at the same pressure as I am using now (10^-4 Tor) which, according to its lower ignition temperature it should start up at only ten watt. I believe the reaction makes neutrons so I cannot do this here in my back bedroom or all around me and me would die.

I would therefore like someone with more resorces to carry out this experiment.

However:

I did another experiment tonight. As before the transmitted power indicator rose from 35 to 45 scale divisions and the newly attached current meter showed an increase of circulating current from 9 amp to 12 amp. The Geiger counter gave a reading of up to >0.5 micro Sieverts an hour. And the reverse power meter rose from 0 to 5 watt. I then changed the capacitor of the reactor to give minimum reverse power. The transmitted power indicator did not change much and the current meter rose a little but I found I could not reduce the reverse power below 2 watt. I conclude that I was generating 2 watts of fusion power with 100 watt exciter power. I noticed that when I turned off the exciter the Geiger counter reading showed >0.3 micro Sieverts per hour that lasted for several seconds.
Chris Bradley

Re: The device that I built

Post by Chris Bradley »

Chris64Strev wrote:
> The ions are held in their complex orbits by the force of repulstion between unlike currents. The force is approximately I^2/d^2 times e0. If the orbit is helical then this force has to equal the centripetal force of an orbiting ion. Mv^2/r.

> The collision energy=mean free path x e-field strength. Since the ion moves in a helical path it travels much further than the length of the tube.

Chris, if you make two guesses at what is going on and reach a conclusion with them, you don't get 'a piece of evidence'. You simply end up with a third guess.

Show us that there are unlike currents, and that ions are moving in helical paths with fusible energies... what evidence do you have for this?
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Chris, every previous criticism of your analysis remains valid and unaddressed.

I'm of the firm opinion that none of the observed effects are unusual or due in any way to fusion. Getting support from serious or educated fusioneers is an uphill battle for you. Getting support from the quack community might be easier...some of those guys have a lot of money.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Chris64...

I am in full agreement with Carl.

One really can't even be certain what you are attempting to do. If it's establishing ions in some sort of helical path, then this method does not differ from ANY other ion collision process, and thus has all of those limitations.

It would sure help to have some photos of your rig, and a sketch or two of how it works... even circuit diagrams would help.

Dave Cooper
Kade

Post by Kade »

What you seem to have here Chris, is a transformer, where the primary is the copper coil, and the secondary (one turn) is the ionized gas in the tube. Certainly the electrons in the ionized gas must be flowing in the opposite direction to the electrons in the primary, and the +ions would presumably be rotating in the opposite direction to the electrons in the ionized mixture, which will presumaby provide a centripetal force to both the ions and the electrons. do you expect colisions between the oppositely rotating electrons and ions to result in some form of fusion?
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Frank, I thought those findings were put down as being due to the adverse influence of Stark effect radiative dis-equilibrium. That would be a really *obvious* interpretation!!

I think you're looking too deeply into a trivial example of quantised muon diffusion in self-organised atomic structures. But the Navy does like to consider the outside possibilites, and I could quite easily believe that they would chase good money after your comments, if only someone actually pointed out it may not be atomic diffusion of the muons at all but it *could* be lepton/gauge-boson anti-modal resonance coupling*! I think they *would actually* sign that off!

(*flavour-independent - obviously!)
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

The repulsion of unlike currents and their existance comes from the normal laws of induced current electrity.
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

No the ions collide with other ions or unionised atoms near the axis near the mid point of the coil.
Attachments
091202-1433-23 new setup for radiated power measurement.jpg
091202-1433-23 new setup for radiated power measurement.jpg (31.31 KiB) Viewed 5823 times
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

I did another experiment today. Here I used a Pyrex test tube containing hydrogen at a pressure of 3 Tor. The reactor was excited with 100 Watt RF at 3.7 MHz. It settled down quickly and by tuning the reactor I found that the reverse power could not be reduced to below 2 Watt. I surmise that this power in being generated in the gas by fusion of protons.
The radiation level was only slightly above background. Here is my video of the run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzT4QA6ymLU
This second video shows the background after the exciter was turned off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFa7qcujXA
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Chris,

As I and others keep pointing out, you've said what you think is happening..OK..then you've had questions on it as a response (that need a reply)..that's usual... but then you just keep going on about what you think without answering any of the points...*not* OK.

I have explained that this is, therefore, a conversation with yourself. No-one can stop you talking to yourself, but I just hope that you understand that this is the case and don't expect any particular replies....

No-one is going to swoon at your fantastic 'invention' because, to us all bar none [any exceptions??..make yourself known], it looks like an RF induction plasma, no more than Carl's experiment that you've already been directed to (and, frankly, that looks far more convincing an experiment than yours due to the clear imagery of ions being extracted under control).

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2910#p12420

So, I trust you now understand not to expect any responses - because you don't engage with those responses.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

And, the bleat goes on...and on

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

Time to stop feeding this troll.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

Chris64Strev wrote:
> I did another experiment today. Here I used a Pyrex test tube containing hydrogen at a pressure of 3 Tor. The reactor was excited with 100 Watt RF at 3.7 MHz. It settled down quickly and by tuning the reactor I found that the reverse power could not be reduced to below 2 Watt. I surmise that this power in being generated in the gas by fusion of protons.
> The radiation level was only slightly above background. Here is my video of the run.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzT4QA6ymLU
> This second video shows the background after the exciter was turned off.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFa7qcujXA

This result only implies a mismach. This could be due to power being generated in the plasma or just a mismatch.
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

I do not like being called a troll, after all the Fusor itself does not do very much, as I try to be a serious experimentor.

I do not know enough theory to do an analysis so I rely on my experiments. I am trying to demonstrate the evolution of electrical power from the device. I do have a theory but I find it difficult to communicate as I lack the ability to turn my thoughts into words and mathematics.

Theory means nothing without experiments.

It is my opinion that experiments are above theory. The process of science starts with an observation then we have make a theory which starts in one man's mind and then we try an experiment to verify the hunch. This is slowly refined until something useful appears or the line reaches the buffers and we have to leave the train.

My original observation was when I was a child of about 6 playing on the floor with a child's shocking coil (this was a coil with an interuptor driven by a 4.5 volt battery that generated voltages high enough to give an electric shock) and a spectral tube that was either hydrogen or deuterium filled. In my random childish playing I put the tube inside the coil instead on attaching the electrodes and I found that the buzzing continued long after the battery was disconnected. This was purely by chance.

At present I am merely trying to repeat this chance observation.

I thought that the power to run this came from fusion many years later when I heard about the "hydrogen" bomb. (I now know that this does not run on hydrogen).

My limited recall from memory from the time I was about ten was that my Uncle Arthur had made a working engine that ran on reduced pressure atmospheric air. And wanted to market this new source of power. But he was imprisoned because the british authorities thought he had a tame poltergiest in the tube and given a frontal leucotomy. He never did anything like that again but worked as a postal clerk until he retired and lived as his sisters sex slave. He lost his girl friend to his brother because his mind had gone.

I would like to try the original experiment again but that design "tesla coil" is no longer made. I have ordered a deuterium spectral tube for about ten dollars so I could try that in my coil.

There is a nasty history here as mum was also lucotomised at about 94 in connection with this case in order to silence her and I was also treated to get rid of me but my brain regerated.

When I was at RSRS (UK) we made one which started up but I cannot recall the details for the same reason of medical intervention.

I have enough recollection to say that British Warships have similar fusion engines as their power source.

I am bound by the Official Secrets Act but under the thirty year rule I can talk as it may help the global energy crisis and global warming.

The effect was originally descibed by tesla and used by the Nazis to start off with but the British smashed all the technologists and destroyed the knowlege.

It is a British secret that this "tesla engine" worked.

The British did not want it as it would destabilise their ecomony with the rest of the world.

My friends made a working commercial one but after we sought permission to produce it for sale this was not granted as there is no way that money can be made from it. It is classified as too dangerous for commercial use. This ran on hydrogen. They were all down for execution by lobotomy.

As you know deuterium fusion generates neutrons so I will not try to run it here in my tiny upstairs back bedroom.

I fear a knock on the door at 9:30 am when they may come to take me away once again.

I was shot by the police a few months ago but the round bounced off something in my coat and I did not die. They may come again, it was just two that time the next time it was six. I'm surprised they let me out(!).
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Nazi Tesla fusion engines...state secrets protected by lobotomy..."tame poltergeists" and sexual slavery...

Banter like this thoroughly impeaches any vestige of credibility you may have had, preemptively rendering further contributions from you on fusor.net pointless! Maybe there's an audience for you on Art Bell's late-night radio show. There is no reason to hear from you again here though. Resurrecting this thread again will be a sign of poor faith and purely self-serving motives, and should be sufficient grounds for deleting your account. Move along...
Carl Willis
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

He IS experimenting, though, Carl, which seems to be more than you've done in a long time.

While peoples personal circumstances shouldn't preclude them from posting here, I agree with you that it is not relevant.

While I saw no evidence of fusion power when I was working at the site where Rolls Royce build fission reactors for the Royal Navy, and I don't understand the experiment Chris Strevens is attempting, I wish he would provide more details of his setup, so that we may offer some 'constructive criticism'.
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

>He IS experimenting, though, Carl, which seems to be more than you've done in a long time.

P'shaw.

Since when have you been a reliable arbiter of what other people are doing or have done? I mean, do you have a leg to stand on here? Your own statements on record show that you have no understanding whatsoever of what I do. Need a reminder of that?

God, this forum has gone to hell in a freaking handbasket over the last year.

-Carl
Carl Willis
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Carl, I don't want to get dragged into another 'mud slinging' contest, but what exactly do you do?
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

>Carl, I don't want to get dragged into another 'mud slinging' contest, but what exactly do you do?

Dragged? Ash, my boy, you veritably dove into this one by accusing me of not doing experiments "in a long time!" If you're out to point a finger at someone for slinging mud, find a mirror.

You joined this forum with much fanfare and bloviation half a year ago. Since which time your experimental record has been identically NIL. That's not a problem; we have lots of lurkers and occasional contributors. What is a problem is that your record of noisemaking in that same time period has been the most prolific of any contributor over the past decade of this board's existence, and furthermore, you somehow think you can call out others for not doing experiments.

Find a mirror.

Jeazus!

-Carl
Carl Willis
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

Carl Willis wrote:
> Nazi Tesla fusion engines...state secrets protected by lobotomy..."tame poltergeists" and sexual slavery...
>
> Banter like this thoroughly impeaches any vestige of credibility you may have had, preemptively rendering further contributions from you on fusor.net pointless! Maybe there's an audience for you on Art Bell's late-night radio show. There is no reason to hear from you again here though. Resurrecting this thread again will be a sign of poor faith and purely self-serving motives, and should be sufficient grounds for deleting your account. Move along...

I won't mention it again but that is what happened, it is all around me. The shrinks visit every four hours or so.... They say they want to "cut the delusions out of my head". It is murder actually.

I just repeated the experiment with the tube containing hydrogen at 10^-4 Tor and as the gas heated up the radiated power increased as did the VSWR. I found I could tune the reactor so the reverse power went to zero but the radiated power meter read the same.

I won't be satisfied until the unit self oscillates with the exciter switched off. That is the result I am looking for.

This might happen with deuterium as its ignition temperature is much lower than hydrogen.

Don't be surpsised if I go silent. The shrinks will have got me.

Please do not be such bad sports as to delete my account...

Chris.
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Your not going to start evading questions again, are you, Carl.

In the nine months or so that I've been on this site, I don't recall you posting on any experimental work.

I've done the basic research, and I'm now building a system. As I've said before, recent progress has been slow, due to working away, for a company that produces ion etch and vapour deposition systems.

I only took the job to further my research into plasma technology.

I'll also be moving later this month, but I'm still collecting components for my system.

If you don't have anything constructive to say.....(I can't believe I'm being dragged into this again)
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

>Your not going to start evading questions again, are you, Carl.

What questions? Since when has this thread been about me? If you have questions about what I do, either here, or professionally, or whatever, you can figure that out with the same resources you keep getting told to use on 99.9% of your other inquiries. If you have further questions that are particular to what I do and don't concern anyone else, you can email them to me. You know how to do that, because you have a history of sending me flame mail.

I think you probably ought to just admit what's obvious from your accusations, and reconcile yourself with the fact that you don't know me.

>I don't recall you posting

That's more like it! Glad we got that cleared up.

-Carl
Carl Willis
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Carl said

"Your own statements on record show that you have no understanding whatsoever of what I do."

Then what do you mean by the above statement?

I understand you work for a company that supplies small accelerators. Correct me if I'm mistaken. I've worked on larger accelerators myself. I now build plasma systems, and I've shared plenty of 'tips' on here.

I don't know everything about ion sources, but I'm learning.

I am, however, an expert when it comes to stainless steel.

Also, I don't consider a year to be an excessively long time to spend researching fusors before I build one.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

OK, That's Enough

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

>>...Nazi tesla engines...<<

>>>...God, this forum has gone to hell in a freaking handbasket over the last year.<<<

Urgh. Is this really what things have come down to? Needless to say (well, maybe not...) seeing this whole contentious line of discourse erupting again discourages me greatly.

I have just spent the better part of the past year extracting myself from an densely convoluted parallel universe where facts are fiction and fiction is facts and nobody really gives a rip whether the two are ever separated. All that time, I've thought of this forum as a beacon of reason, built on a solid foundation of empirical evidence with an a occasional sprinkling of flights of fancy -- but always coming back to the fundamental principal of.... "show me."

I personally am at a point right now -- given the turn of not only a new year but a new decade (depending on how you count to ten...) -- and I find myself purging a lot of things that have not served me in the recent past and so offer little pretense of any promise in the future. You know, the old saw about " doing the same thing an expecting different results..."?

Granted, I have not been an active participant in this space for some time. There are a lot of reasons for that and perhaps I will explore them at some time in the future when the dust from my other recent travails settles. In the meantime, I continue to gladly and willingly host this site at my expense, which is not exorbitant but is not nothing, either. And then there are the times when I have to do some administrative chores -- like deleting the sort of threads that this one seems to be turning into. That all goes with the territory, in which I continue to have an ongoing if not particularly active interest.

So at at time when I am seriously trying to decide what in my life has purpose "going forward" and what deserves to be jettisoned, it is disheartening to come here and discover that there is still an inclination for the discussion here to veer off from its usual constructive tone in to sniping accusations and snarky commentary.

All of the preceding brings me to a simple three word conclusion, which I direct at no one in particular and -- and at precisely those individuals who at times demonstrate a slant toward trivial and contentious word-play.

Three words: "Knock It Off."

OK, Happy New Year,

--PS

P.S. Whoever posted the 'Nazi tesla engine' business, I'm sure you believe what you believe, and that's your right, but frankly I have had my fill of such speculations for a lifetime. What does Joseph Farrell call it, "circumstantial physics"? What a load of bat-shit. Not on my site, fella.

So, unless you've got something you can actually SHOW ME, (you know, like most of the people here can show me their fusion experiments, however low-yield they may be), I respectfully (but not patiently) ask that you take such statements elsewhere. There are plenty of places on the Internets that welcome such speculation. This is site is NOT one of them. 'Nuff said?
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

Here is the video of my latest experiment. Not much happens as it is a spent tube. I cannot afford new ones. It does show a burst of power during the ten minute run.

I did another experiment this evening and here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UlcNwKMHvc
This was done with low pressure hydrogen. The effect is weakening as it is a spent tube.

Chris.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”