Circularly polarised RF field confinement.

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Chris64Strev

Re: Circularly polarised RF field confinement.

Post by Chris64Strev »

U-tube video of my latest experiment showing meter readings during a burn. They appear to show the output power rise from 100 watt to 130 watt while the reverse power meter rises from 0 to 7 watt and the exciter power drop from 100 watt to 80 watt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhFqrk6ACXI

This seems to me to indicate that 50 watt of fusion power was being generated and converted to electrical power at 3.7 MHz.

The radiation monitor did show bursts of ionising radiation a bit above background during the run.

The reactor is not visible in this video. It is off camera and to the right.

Chris.
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

I was merely stating the principle upon which tokamacs work, Doug.

Increased energy levels.

And most people here will argue that fusors don't produce much fusion from 'golf balls colliding'.

Most fusion occurs between a fast ion and a neutral, according to those 'in the know'.

EDIT: You could say that fusors work on the 'beam to target' principle (mostly).
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Chris, I suggest you start a new thread clarifying your recent results. They are buried here. A specific thread would generate a more focussed dialogue, if appropriate.
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Chris,

The radiation detection forum is full of detail regarding the size, cost, and operation of neutron detectors in particular. Bubble dosimeters are probably the simplest to use and the least expensive at roughly $150 each. More sensitive, but somewhat more challenging to use, are the proportional counter detectors. But the bottom line is that if you can afford a ham radio station you can afford any number of neutron-detecting devices whose convincing use in fusion studies is well-established.

Continuing to insist that your results so far show "50 watts of fusion power" will just reap skepticism, increasingly bordering on scorn, from our scientific quarter. To claim fusion you need to do experiments that detect it according to the accepted methods.

I note the counts on your Geiger counter in the video. I can think of at least two likely possibilities for the counts that have nothing to do with fusion: RF interference, and x-rays. With a decent physics understanding and an analytical approach to the experiment, there's a chance you could use a Geiger counter productively in your search for fusion. But for this purpose they're a poor tool to begin with, and if you're a novice to the physics, they're a useless and deceptive tool.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

My device emits no radiation. This was proved in previous experiments where radiation monitoring equipment was available. I am attempting to reproduce the unit which at that time was claimed to give off net power and self oscillate.

I did not understand it then and I do not undestand it now.

This was back in 1967.
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

I was told that some weak gamma was detected at the e+/e- anhilliation energy.

I was told that is had been classified and I was to stay silent for thirty years. Times up! I was also told that it was too dangerous for commercial use.

I do not recall details of what we did but it was similar to the one I descibed above.

Chris.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Positrons were postulated in the 1920's, as predicted from theory, and were identified in the 1930's by observations of their predicted annihilation gamma. I'm not aware these things were remotely secret, then, nor since.

I strongly suggest you find a new thread for further deviations.
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

The positrons were not secret but the reactor was.

Here is my introduction video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaHbN8CKd8Q

Here is another experiment video record: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xIfZHee5Q

This experiment uses hydrogen at a pressure of 1E-4 Tor.

Sorry for the previous experiment but this time I waited until the family were in bed.

Chris.
Chris64Strev

Post by Chris64Strev »

As usual nobody took any notice. I will have to continue alone until I reach a conclusion.

You must admit that the fusor does not do much either.

Like me, you do not know the theory of the device, I have tried to work it out but my mathematics and physics is not that good.

It is not circularly polarised radio frequency at all. The reactor is a coil with hydrogen or deuterium inside.

I know that RF heating and ionisation is used in plasma generation but this is different.

I'm hoping to take a refresher course in electromagnetism next year with the Open University. Last year I tried to take fluid mechanics but I was compelled to take psychiactric treatment where brain toxins were injected and as a result I could not understand the course. The shinks have released me now although I am still a voluntary outpatient but they don't come to see me any more and no longer inject me with toxin. I have engaged a lawyer to get me released altogether. My mum was badly injured when one of the attacking shrinks knifed her in the head and she instantly became an imbecile. I do not know why. I think they were protecting their income.

I have a university degree in physics that I was awarded in 1969. I have attempted to make this engine before and even when it worked I was violently assaulted and my engine smashed.

I might be better off in America.

My hydrogen tube supplier cannot supply deuterium cells as regulations prohibit that. I have ordered a deuterium spectral tube and that might work. It was only $30. As far as I undrstand it deuterium has a lower ignition point.

My Uncle arthur made something similar in 1950 but the pressure was obtainable with a hand vacuum pump. I believe this is about 100 Tor. He was using a foot operated motor cycle magneto to ignite it so the potential was probably 20,000 volt or so.

The mean free path at that pressure is about 1 micro meter so to get an energy of 17 KeV then the field strength must be 17E9 volts per meter.

He may have used a transformer to increase the potential so if the cell size was one cm long then the potential needs to be 170 MV so the transformer ratio would be 6000:1

So if he used a 6000 turn open circuit coil with a one turn primary connected to the magneto and put his "energy tube" inside the coil the gas would ionise and the high energy collisions would have occured thus starting the reaction.

His original observation was a spectral tube inside a child coil that gave weak electric shocks when powered by a 4.5 volt battery. This started the reaction and ignited the hydrogen gas inside the tube in a fusion reaction. It is possible that it was a deuterium spectral tube.

However his later experiments were done with laboratory air.

He was arrested and leucotomised for his troubles and never produced anything again. I face this too. His engine was lost and the silly British authorities thought he had a tame poltergiest in the tube. They still do.
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Chris64Strev wrote:
> As usual nobody took any notice.
"No-one commenting" is not "no-one noticing".

You don't seem to have commented on the earlier observations made to you. So I say "As usual, you didn't take any notice."

Why aren't you dead from the radiation, and what/where/how are the centripetal containment forces?

I didn't start the thread to discuss your device, but merely to raise the question of centripetal containment. Even if your device had that, I showed it wouldn't contain fusible ions. Without circular polarisation it has even less chance than this (which is still zero). Any fast ions would simply impact the tube; ***there's nothing to keep them contained to go around in a circle/helix***. Their mean free path can be no more than the length of the tube, because then they'll hit it! What forces stop them??? My post was to demonstrate that, even with the 'right' e-fields, you'll need a big, 'solid' and probably DC magnetic field to get them to orbit at fusible energy.

As I said, if you do not address observations and critiques made by others then you're just having a conversation with yourself. I am afraid to say that it is probably the nature of you having conversations with yourself that have concerned the medical practitioners you are possibly slandering, rather than anything to do with your experiments.
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

>He was arrested and leucotomised for his troubles and never produced anything again. I face this too.

I just blew my icewater through my nose. Richard called this morning to say that some craziness had come up over here...and sure enough, this has gotta take the cake.

Let's get this straight: you're resistant to doing a science experiment, of the type that gets done by amateur nuclear experimenters on a daily basis without hassle, because the authorities will brain you--as they did your father.

Condolences to Pops. I'm sorry I am laughing so hard, but I just can't help it.

>You must admit that the fusor does not do much either.

Perhaps that's a subjective judgment. Fusors do routinely carry out detectable nuclear fusion, are the subject of mainstream academic and industrial research, and in the hobby sector have proven their worth as small neutron generators for recreational use. For all the talk about your machine doing fusion, you seem profoundly resistant to learning the science of fusion or doing real experiments that would detect it. Then again, for most of us, our frontal lobes are not on the line for doing this.

-Carl
Carl Willis
Dustinit

Post by Dustinit »

Carl, it was his mother not his pops, (keep working on the comprehension.).
and your sudden realisations were obvious from the outset if you had been paying attention and expounding these to everyone else does no-one any favours. You could also work on your sensitivity. After reading your post my immediate thought was "did he type that out loud?"

Chris, telling everyone about your conspiracy theorys does you no favours and only generates skepticism for any ideas you present. You say you were a physicist in a former life so these things are surely not beyond you. You say you are generating excess power, the best way to prove this is to capture this power to power your process and then some and then it would be undeniable.

A good first step would be to determine where this power comes from and prove it to yourself and perhaps post here for peer review. Perhaps calorimetric measurements. It is all to easy to fool yourself.
Dustin
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Hi Dustin,

>Carl, it was his mother not his pops, (keep working on the comprehension.).

Actually, it was his uncle:

>My Uncle arthur made something similar in 1950 but the pressure was obtainable with a hand vacuum pump [...]

I guess we both need to work on our comprehension! You and I are destined to miss some very big things in life if we do not work together on that comprehension.

>You could also work on your sensitivity.

Nah...this is troll material through and through. Started off reasonably, but has descended into farce. The ol' boy's been stringing us squares along.

EDIT: The mom DOES make an appearance in this sideshow psychodrama (she got "knifed in the head" by a member of Chris's own psychiatric team last year and became "an imbecile"). So: Chris's uncle gets a lobotomy in the '50s; Chris is under threat of one today; Chris didn't understand his fluid mechanics class because of psychiatric "brain toxins" last year; his mom's an imbecile from the same episode; and I guess the point of it all is that this family's work with their RF device is so important that the authorities have landed 'em all in the cuckoo's nest, lest the Big Secret get out. Completely believable.

-Carl
Carl Willis
Dustinit

Post by Dustinit »

Aside from the lemony snickets,
The man has created an over unity device,
A little respect is in order for the lucky donkey (tic)
Dustin.

(agreed on the 'comprehension' comment)

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”