Mechanical Plasma Compression

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Mark Rowley

Mechanical Plasma Compression

Post by Mark Rowley »

I never thought of this one, its quite original.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 5659122001

Mark Rowley
Dan Tibbets

Re: Mechanical Plasma Compression

Post by Dan Tibbets »

Interesting. I understand that the pistons need to be syncronized so that they all hit the wall within a very short time interval in order to create a symetrical shockwave traveling twords the center. In the vidio the compressed air piston did not move very fast. If this is representative of the speed of the working model I speculate on two problems. Even with very percise switching, at these slow speeds I would think it would be very difficult to get all pistons hitting within a very small time frame . The other concern is that if the pistons move that slow they could only get perhaps one cycle every few seconds - low average power. If these heavy pistons are traveling much faster, how many impacts could the vessel walls tolorate before fatigue/ deformation became a problem?

Even if it can only pulse a few times per minute I could see it being rediculously cheap compared to the NIF for similar results.

Dan Tibbets.
cdicken

Post by cdicken »

Dan,

somewhere on their webpage they talk about 1cycle / second.

Chris
Tyler Christensen
Site Admin

Post by Tyler Christensen »

I would guess that is a low PSI test run and that they would slam down in the blink of an eye... that does not appear to be a 1000PSI compression there to me unless that is some VERY heavy metal with horrible piston internal friction.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Sort of a bad joke I fear.

What were the numbers in their prototype? Numbers please! Show me not drawings or even pistons moving a .8 meters/sec. Show me neutrons, show me fusion. Let me see something do something that is fusion.

Did anyone see the bus wiring on the large caps? Ridiculous.

No proof of anyhting other that big ideas and talk of larger and larger machines.

There was some Jim Dandy machine work shown, though. B+ on show, F- on content.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

I agree with Richard - the short term bus impedance would be enormouse when they transfere energy [ my project has bigger conductors for much less power] - I use welding cable to connect the caps and considering solid copper bar.

They appear not to understand the forces at play in an atomic sense, when you approach a particle - they propose a mechanical solution ( which depends upon electrostatic forces ) to defeat the electrostatic and other repulsion - better to understand the nature of force not the effect of force. It will fissle and not reach the temperature [except in their conductors] - another tokomak.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Tokamaks, at least, do fusion. Apparently, for the 13.5 million they collected they haven't done any yet.

If I were out there doing what they are doing I would attempt to show some demonstrable fusion for the sake of current investors and as an attractor to future sheep seeking to be shorn.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

Hi Richard,

"Did anyone see the bus wiring on the large caps? Ridiculous."

I noticed that as well. I guess I was being a little optimistic as I concluded that it must have been for some type of low power preliminary test.

Mark
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

Not to worry Richard - "there is one born every minute" - but at least they are trying
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

What I think is needed ( for my big cap's ) for transfering the energy -

1. A solid copper bus bar

2. 3" x 0.25" per strip on high voltage insulators.

3. Connecting cable
Attachments
PICT2001.JPG
PICT1998.JPG
PICT1997.JPG
inflector

Post by inflector »

Richard Hull wrote:
> Did anyone see the bus wiring on the large caps? Ridiculous.

Ah, but they are obviously using flux capacitors that can transfer current at faster than light speeds, thereby making a superconductor out of normal wiring.

Besides don't you know Barnum's Law of Fusion Funding? To wit: the money raised is directly proportional to how cool the machinery looks and inversely proportional to the likelihood of it actually working.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”