Proposed design for an electrostatic beam to target p-B11 fusion device.

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Carl Willis

Re: Proposed design for an electrostatic beam to target p-B11 fusion device.

Post by Carl Willis »

>What you are saying is 'forget about RF ion sources, and concentrate on the alternatives'

Not the reading I'd take home...

John was stating that his RF source is good at making atomic (H+) ions. An (H2)+ or molecular ion beam is a generally undesirable product if the end goal is to use protons, though there are exceptions, and the RF ion sources have been popular largely because they CAN produce a high atomic ion (H+) fraction. They can also be designed to produce molecular ions.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Thanks for putting me straight on that, Carl.

If the number of neutrons produced by John Hendron is unavoidable, I'm beginning to doubt whether aneutronic fusion has any real prospects, but if protons are hitting the tungsten slug, this will also produce neutrons, will it not?
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

I have a gamma spectrometer to make qualitive measurement Ash and look for particular energys - there may be Neutrons from many materials and they will have different energys - my big problem is that the design will produce a very fast burst of Neutrons of different energys from second sources. I doubt if there is such a thing as a totally aneutronic reaction.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”