Magnetism...a relativisticeffect?

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Chris Bradley

Re: Magnetism...a relativisticeffect?

Post by Chris Bradley »

If I might be so bold as to wrap this one up with a conclusion, then, the maths shows that the original article is wrong. There *will* be a slower divergence of two ions racing through empty space than might be expected classically, if they were in a stationary frame

But this is only because (as Carl's mathematical disposition demonstrated) there is both a Lorentz contraction of space and also a frame modification to the electrostatic force observed in an alternative frame. There is *not* a frame-dependent magnetic component as inferred in the article. This is only true of conduction *through a conductor*, which an individual projectile particle is not.
Richard Hull

Re: Magnetism...a relativistic effect?

Post by Richard Hull »

Carl,

Never give up on your recriminations. You have the knowledge, distribute it! Besides I am getting older and every forum needs some gravity boots and an official, certified, (or certifiable), naysayer.

You will need to pack on a few more decades before you can become half the curmudgeon that I am, but work at it, hone it and don't let stuff slip by that can be picked over. Continue to help keep us honest, right and on track.

It is all part of the verve, humor, and science that blends to make a fine wine of this place.

Ricahrd Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”