A Patent from the Academy of the Wishful Thinking.

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Chris Bradley

A Patent from the Academy of the Wishful Thinking.

Post by Chris Bradley »

I was idling through patents and came across this one from a William S Jarnagin. He appears to have a couple more which I'll look up.

What tickled me was the little hopeful coil so optimistically tucked into the side of the picture, wired straight up to a sub-station.

This is, nonetheless, noteworthy as it appears that this has run its full course to gaining a Patent grant, plus he appears to have done so without the need of any $hungry patent agents.

"This is one of a series of nuclear fusion (vs. fission) inventions by this physicist-inventor. This invention is designed to burn the cleanest of all known fusion fuels: boron hydride (B-H, or p-.sup.11 B). Boron hydride has no free neutrons on either side of its reaction equation: p+.sup.11 B=3.alpha.+W. If this fuel can be made to fuse as planned the many problems associated with neutron-based fuels, deuterium-tritium (D-T) in particular, can be obviated. D-T gives off 80% of its energy in the form of neutrons. These make the apparatus radioactive; and the neutrons may be used to breed weapons grade fission material. Whereas, p-.sup.11 B cannot be used to make fission bomb material; its product particles are entirely safe inert helium particles. B-H fuel is abundant, available and inexpensive. Boron hydride comes in gas, liquid or solid form, stable or unstable. The invention at hand proposes to accelerate macromolecular ions of boron hydride (such as B.sub.2 H.sub.6) into one another, then reaccelerate the debris ions (p, .sup.11 B) into one another also. This is to be done by recyclotrons--cyclotrons modified to recirculate a similar device's output. Recyclotrons take advantage of the fact that modest energies to a particle accelerator correspond to enormous kinetic temperatures in a plasma."
Attachments
recyclotron3.jpg

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”