More on solar fusion.

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
inflector

Re: More on solar fusion.

Post by inflector »

Well I for one, am of the opinion that science has stagnated in the last 50 years for a reason, too few risks being taken and too much orthodoxy. I also believe there is no Higgs Boson.

I believe that the next advance in physics is far far more likely to come from amateurs than from professionals. The HEAS conference is much more likely to have our next Einstein than all of ITER and LHC.

I say this because I believe that Thomas Huxley was right:

"Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing. "

Science makes too many assumptions about what MUST be true. They have taken us as far as that perspective can. There is a reason that Einstein stopped believing in Quantum Theory. He knew the right answer would be far more elegant and consistent.

- Curtis
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Better to be lucky than good.

Third option is just to try everything! I did once make a suggestion directly to those with due inflence that maybe it'd be worth a scatter gun approach and try out all the various 'fusion' methods that have gone through the patent books. I believe this amounts to a few dozen, rather than 100s, so seems a surmountable challenge within the financial schemes of other full-on projects.

The typical vacuum setups, high voltage, convoluted magnetic fields and/or RF sources that are largely elements of most of them could be then efficiently contained in a single lab that goes through them in turn, with a fairly light and not-too judgemental touch as to which ones get tried out at a small prototype level before committing to a large project.

You can guess the response... well, it was just a thought!

I bet the tax-payers of most countries (maybe not France!!) would choose that approach rather than plugging billions into a single scheme, given a real democratic choice.

Clearly, if I may be so bold as to suggest such a thing, Carl would be my nomination to head that project up.

best regards,

Chris MB.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Nice thoughts, and suggestions made with some real cerebration. Unfortunately, truly democratic decisions by the populace on complex scientific issues are never informed decisions. This is because the public is not made of 'informed stuff', but, instead, 'reacting stuff'.

The average joe is just not truly informed on many issues critical to a distant future. A plethora of facts hurts their heads and confuses them. They are not capable of processing hard nosed specific data that is dry. They look to others who are appointed by other appointees who are, themselves, appointed to take on a specific task. The result for fusion is a scientifco- politico conclave of committees and special interests.

The regular guy is just out of the equation until the media chooses to involve him with a salacious story related to the effort, be it success or failure.

The public is characterized by apathy towards fusion between periods of media sound bites related to it.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”