Looks like Focus Fusion got funding...

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Mike Beauford

Looks like Focus Fusion got funding...

Post by Mike Beauford »

It looks like Eric Lerners Focus fusion effort just got funding for $600K, plus additional money if it pans out up to $10 million.

http://photoman.bizland.com/lpp/index.htm
Mike Beauford
Carl Willis

Re: Looks like Focus Fusion got funding...

Post by Carl Willis »

Not the first time they've had this kind of money to play with. Let's see how far they make it this time!

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
gamempire

Post by gamempire »

Yep, just saw it on /.

Should be interesting to see what they come up with, always happy to see other fusion groups get funding

(though anyone who really believes in electric universe theory needs to have their head examined imo =P)
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Can I just make sure I understand this?.. So a dense plasma focus is a thermonuclear process, that is its about raising the whole bulk temperature to its operating level to get the fusion going.

It would be big news to find out that someone has proved that it can be usefully done with DT at a cross secion peak equivalent temperature of 742MK, yet now this project is going to go straight for a 6.3GK dense p11B plasma.

hmmmm......

Has someone forgotten things get exponentially difficult with temperature.

I'd have taken that 600k contract to assess feasibility - and they would've got the answer on a postcard the next day!

Am I missing/misunderstanding something here?

The other thing that doesn't add up - if someone could actually do this, why would they promise this away for just $10million. That must be half a percent of the square root of naff all in the world of global energy.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”