General discussion of Solid State Ion Accelerator

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
001userid

General discussion of Solid State Ion Accelerator

Post by 001userid »

This may be an "out on a limb" discussion, but it might lead to something fruitful.

--Fiber optics

From observation I see light traveling through meters of fibre optic cable. In my opinion a photon has mass, some will say this incorrect and a photon only contains momentum. Some will say the photon is converted to a "phonon" which travels through the solid cable and is converted back to a photon on exiting the cable.

I reject this view and hold to a photon enters the cable and exits (with some loss mechanisms). This becomes an odd idea, a mass enters another mass and travels for long distances. It is almost counter-intuitive.

--Superconductors

Before I start with Superconductors, I would like to consider the electron. There is vast literature that mentions that an electron is "large and fuzzy" when compared to a nucleus(protons & neutrons) which is considered in the same literature to be "small and compact". This is some what contrary to theory of the "actual" proposed radius of each. Anyway my point being: that many theorists hold that an electron is a large entity, and in this context I will move forward.

It is becoming common acceptance that superconductance operates in a condition requiring the coupling of electron pairs. This condition allows the pairs to travel with an increased mean free path and less interaction with the lattice. As I see it, the electron has mass, so I consider two masses(large and fuzzy) traveling through another mass(super conductor) at long distances.

--The next step
From this it is little stretch to condsider ions traveling through a solid state medium, possibly even accelerated to the observed speed of supercondutivity and beyond.

Why is this important?

It could give a clear mean free ion path to end in a high density fuel target.

Joe Sal
Richard Hull

Re: General discussion of Solid State Ion Accelerator

Post by Richard Hull »

Nice ideas and good luck with making them go.

Any physical model of the major particles is sort of crawling out on a shakey limb where attributes are arrived at by shakey methods with lots o' interpolation and interpretation thrown into the melt. Hardly a stable edifice to work upon much less lauch into more complicated leaps of faith.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
001userid

Post by 001userid »

Still researching this, I found information about "ion channels" used in biological systems.

Also:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 143817.htm

These are a bit different than what I had in mind, the search continues.

Joe Sal
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

"I reject this view and hold to a photon enters the cable and exits (with some loss mechanisms). This becomes an odd idea, a mass enters another mass and travels for long distances. It is almost counter-intuitive."

If you compare this will electrons in a wire...Just a thought here...when an electron goes into a wire, as I understand it, a different electron leaves the other end of the wire. The electrons flowing through the wire like water in a pipe.

So the question I'k like to ask is 'is it the same photon exiing the fibre optic cable, or does the cable contain photons all along it's length, like a wire contains electrons, or like a pipe full of water?'
Chris Trent

Post by Chris Trent »

Ash,

A laser will answer your question. More accurately, it's emission lines will.

The fact that a fiber optic cable transmits light of substantially the same frequency from end to end signifies that the original photons are passing all of the way through.

If it was being absorbed at one end and bumping photons off at the other then you would end up with photons that had the emission lines of whatever material it was being bumped out of. In essence it would operate like a laser crystal which absorbs then releases, though not necessarily the same frequency.
Edward Miller

Post by Edward Miller »

You don't need that much distance to get the ions going very fast. Do you know about the Pyroelectric fusion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyroelectric_fusion
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Edmo
you would need a very sensitive Neut detector to find the fusion.
There is not much energy available from the pyro electric crystal.

I have made an x-ray generator out of one yield was low but max voltage appeared around 150kV

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”