Argon Tube Power Source

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
AbbaRue

Argon Tube Power Source

Post by AbbaRue » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:48 pm

In 1995,96 a couple from Concord, Ontario, Canada filed 3 Patents on a device they had constructed. The US. Patent numbers are:
#5,416,391 #5,449,989 #5,502,354
This device uses an argon filled vacuum tube with Aluminum plates,spaced 2 to 6 cm apart.
An input of about 600 volts DC causes an ablormal discharge to take place between the plates. This abnormal DC discharge, causes the Argon atoms to give off an AC ripple voltage. Like the ripples you get from throwing a rock into a pool of water. The only difference is that the AC ripple given off, has an amperage many times greater then the DC amperage needed to cause the discharge. The input DC amperage is typically less then 1 amp, but the AC ripple has been measured at greater then 150 amps. The AC ripple is also a little lower in voltage then the DC, somewhere around 2/3 the input voltage. Simple math. Power = Voltage X Amperage.
Input 600 Volts X 1 Amp = 600 Watts.
Output 400 Volts X 150 Amps = 60,000 watts.
But more typically the output Amperage is about 10 times the input:
So Output 400 Volts X 10 Amps = 4000 watts.
4000 / 600 = 6.6666666
And taking into acount power losses in the system we get about 5 times as much power out of this thing as we put in.
I built one my self and tested it. I use a 40 watt lightbulb in series with the input as a limiting resistor so my 3A diodes won't fry.
I isolate the AC out from the DC in by using 2 "3.5 mfd AC" caps hookup up in series with each of the 2 lines. I then rectified this output AC using a bridge rictifier, and use it to charge a 450volt electrolytic cap. I have another 40 Watt lightbulb connected across the electrolytic cap.
This output DC lights the 40 watt lightbulb up nice and bright while the input limiting 40 watt ligh bulb barely even glows at all. Any of you that know your electronic theory, know that this couldn't be possible unless the output wattage is higher then the input wattage. Because if you hook 2 x 40 watt lightbulbs up directly in series they would both light up equally bright. And this Argon tube is hooked up in series with the one lightbulb.

Now anyone wanting to build there own:
The tube needs a variable DC power supply capable of delivering 750 Volts. at less then 1.5 amps. So it's quit easily to construct. I made mine using a 35 volt power transformer connected through a variac to an old microwave transformer (those things boost the voltage 18 times), I then used 400 volt diodes connected as a bridge rectifier.
I got my vacuum pump from EBay for about $150. I leased an argon tank from a local BOC welding supply company. The lease is $65/yr and it costs $50 for the argon. I don't have glass blowing equipment, so I just used a pickle jar with a brass valve mounted on it. And 2 wires going through the lid. You can figure out your own methode for this part. I am still working on a better design for the vacuum chamber. These high-tech fusor chambers on this site would work purfectly for this as well. I just threw something together quickly just to see if it would work. Glass blowing can get expensive, so I am still looking for a good cheap alternative for the chamber. The patent states that SS plates work too. Copper and brass are supposed to be the worsed plate materials. I haven't done any tests yet on other materials, because I managed to get one pickel jar chamber to work really well and hold a good vacuum for me, so I don't want to take it apart. But I am trying to get another one working well too.
So if anyone else finds this an interesting project, maybe this can form a new section for this forum. The source of the excess electricity is still unknown, and it is suggested that it is ZPE. It could be a form of fuson as well, more tests need to be done. But I know it works, I seen it with my own eyes, and it has me really exited.
I used to work as an Electronics Tech. fixing TV's and VCR's so I have a good foundation in electronics and Ohms law, and this device is definately putting out a lot more electricity then what I'm putting in.
When I hook 2 lightbulbs up in series with my 600 volt power supply the variac gives off a loud buzzing sound and the bulbs both light up equally bright. But when I run the discharge tube, the input series bulb barely glows, the variac runs quiet, and the output bulbs lights to full brightness. This is definitely a new source of direct power. The patent holders have drawings on how to run electric motors with this AC pulse. By varying the pulse rate you can vary the motor speed. This is awsome technology. I believe if you hook up two of these using the one to run the other you could use the output of the second unit to run the first unit, all that it would need is a
"full wave voltage doubler" connected to the outputs of each. I don't see how one could run itself just because of the wireing conflicts, but if someone can come up with a way for the output to run the input let me know. I thought of transformers, but that will cause to many power losses, transformers are far from 100% efficient. Voltage doubler would be the best way to go. I want to try it but I only have one 450 v electrolytic right now, and I need to buy some more.
The Electrolytic I'm using is 450 Volts 2400 mfd. but a much lower value should work. You can hook up the lightbulb directly to the AC passing through the AC caps but because the pulses are so short and high the lightbulb filiment doesn't have time to heat up thus the reason for converting it to DC and charging a cap with it. Caps store high current very well thats why you need limiting resistors in series with caps or you will blow brakers turning things on. Caps act as dead shorts across a power supply when they are completely discharged.
One last point, the ideal vacuum seams to be 0.8 Torrs. but anything around this value works well. I don't have a high-tech Torr meter so I just leave the chamber connected while I pump it down and when it starts discharging nicely, I close the valve and turn the pump off.

Look forward to hearing from others on this forum, I thought it fit well with this forum, because of all the High Voltage and Vacuum Tube Technology going on at this site, and this may be a form of fuson as well.

Till Later Harold

Richard Hull

Re: Argon Tube Power Source

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:04 pm

I gotta' get busy on this one. I need to go off the grid. I'll bet that the capacitive bridge rectifier and capacitor can boost the voltage up to at least 1.414 times the input. With that much ZPE in the system, I don't know why I haven't had one years ago. Thanks.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Retric

Post by Retric » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:53 pm

My guess is that the output Amperage spikes over time so that most
devices giving single Amperage output numbers give an incorrect
average reading.

Anyway, it’s easy enough to test if this is going on use the output
power to run to generate heat via a resistor. If you are really
generating 6.6x input power your going to though off a lot more heat. I
would do this in a stove as 600 Watt’s is a lot of heat and you can
easily find out what temperature the stove gets and how long this
takes over a few few runs that run for progressively longer.

AKA:
run 1 = Power > device > resister over 10 seconds.
run 2 = power > resister over 10 seconds.
run 3 = Power > device > resister over 20 seconds.
run 4 = power > resister over 20 seconds.
run 5 = Power > device > resister over 30 seconds.
run 6 = power > resister over 30 seconds.

Alex Aitken

Post by Alex Aitken » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:49 pm

Richard has rather cunningly pointed out one reason the 'output' bulb would glow brighter than the 'input' bulb without any other power input. Filement bulbs are something of a bad measure of power anyway, as when cold they have a much lower resistance than when hot.

These devices are 10 a penny, using bulbs is a new one on me, but measuring currents and voltages and working out input and output 'power' is very easy to self delude. The key point at which they all fail though, is any attempt to power the input soley from the output.

Starfire

Post by Starfire » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:36 pm

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:25 pm

These are very specific claims and very specifically tested by Scott Little at Earth Tech and shown to be BELOW unity.

I had an opportunity to chat with Scott last week. (related to data logging and some A to D work I was about) Near the end of the long phone call, I asked if he had seen one single new energy device tested by earth tech that even produced near unity in electrical output. He chortled gently so that it was barely audible and said. " No, nothing yet and we are doing them regularly."

The work of the Correas and others has really been put through the ringer and found wanting in the COP arena which is what traditionally "feeds th' bull dog".

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:03 am

For most of the over unity claims I evaluated at the electric company, the instrumentation hookup was THE problem. It is not easy to tell the enthusiastic entrepreneur that his measurement scheme would get a failing grade in any undergraduate electrical engineering course.

When your instrumentation saya you are getting more out than you put in, you look for errors, because somewhere out there you have made one or more.

Pulsed, cyclical and DC plus AC currents and voltages take some careful attention to detail, in order to get the meters to tell the truth.

With circuits like a gas discharge circuit, it could be tricky getting consistent readings.

Dave Cooper

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:32 pm

Most over unity claims are found by their inventors with DVMs and multimeters. They often use as many as ten of them hooked to various portions of their circuitry. (as if quantity of such intruments is a measure of accuracy). This, of course, is unacceptable among non-linear, sparking, gas discharging, popping, sputtering, brissant processes with normal sensors and transducers.

Only special, carefully monitored, time ordered and integrated high speed data logging setups can hope to tell the tale here coupled with sensors and transducers with specs designed to repond within the times, pressures and shocks sent to them.

Hanging two nice $300.00 Fluke DVM's off a circuit to read volts and amps just won't cut it unless what you are doing is DC and runs as smooth a cat's purr. Oddly, no over unity device claim has a process that purrs, but instead, moves and acts in fits and spurts. Just the thing that few home brew basement inventors or even many labs are prepared to evaluate.

Such efforts not only require the "right stuff" in the way gear, but also on the part of the person using it.

Richard Hull

AbbaRue

Post by AbbaRue » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:52 am

I haven't been using meters to measure the various currents. I just know from my experience in Electronics, that if you hook two lightbulbs up in series you can't get one to glow bright while the other barely glows at all. If someone can give me a circuit example that will allow a bulb in some fancy circuit to glow brightly while the series current limiting bulb stays almost unlite at all, please tell me how you can do that. In electronics we learn that the current leaving a circuit is always equal to the current entering the circuit.

In any case, any of you that have vacuum chambers ready to go. Try this one out for yourself, it's quite easy to construct.

AbbaRue

Post by AbbaRue » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:04 am

I've been doing some experimenting with different metals, and different sizes of plates, and I found that aluminum is still the best metal for the plates. Also a larger plate, even though it doesn't seem to put out more current, it works better because heat dissipation is important.
As soon as the plates become silent, and just glow with a purple glow, you no longer have abnormal discharge, and the system uses more power to run than it gives off. In order to have the excess power output you must have a loud buzzing sound coming from the plate discharge.
For my latest tests I used 1 inch aluminum pipe with an aluminum eaves trough spike through the center. The spike is about 1/4 inch thick. This seems to work really well.
I ordered some 400 volt 470mfd caps and and some 1000 volt 6amp diodes, hope to get them by monday, then I can test the voltage doubler out. I want to see if one tube can run another, if so then I can see building a system that sustains itself. My biggest problem is still getting a portable discharge tube built that keeps it's vacuum, without glass blowing.

Till later Harold.