electron slinger

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
001userid

electron slinger

Post by 001userid »

I would like to create a single SHARP spike of low voltage dc approx 18 Volts to a electrode. I was going to use my old blade switch (but all considered is probably to slow), but would like to spike as hard as possible with as simple method as possible. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Q

Re: electron slinger

Post by Q »

well, depending on your current, a relay or fast contactor would be the easiest method. there are also some fast scr's out there that are pretty easy to use.

Q
DaveC

Re: electron slinger

Post by DaveC »

For 18 volts you can use almost any semiconductor device - bipolar transistors, JFETS, HexFETs, any kind of FETS... etc. the current you need will select the method.

A simple very fast (sub nano-second) rise time pulse can be generated by a triggered spark gap... that fires into an R-C pi network (resistor to ground on either side of a capacitor, with a tap on the output side resistor to give the voltage you need.

Component sizes will determine that rise-time and width. Some good ole basic transient electrical circuit theory put to use.

Dave Cooper

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”