Focus fusion???

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
ebeuerle

Focus fusion???

Post by ebeuerle »

Just saw this on Wired and after reading a couple of their webpages I just had to post this to see everyone's reactions to it:

http://www.focusfusion.org/

It talkes about using a fusor type device(similar in size) combined with hydrogen-boron fuel to generate lots of electricity. Sounds like more pie in the sky hopes and dreams but still...

-Eddie B.
Q

Re: Focus fusion???

Post by Q »

well, i looked at the site. it has very little information about the working of the device but from what i can tell it seems an awful lot like they are trying to produce a spheromak fusion device. oh yeah, and the hydrogen-boron gas mixture... do i even need to say anything here?
then there's the blatant "give us money" statement repeated in nearly every paragraph.....
so, my analysis is that while this might be an interesting device to make a momentarily glowing ball of hot plasma, i have my doubts about the legitimacy of the claims of fusion.

Q
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I have seen this imagery before! Can't remember where though as the net re-invents itself every 6 months.

This is bogus, of course, as Q had no trouble noting.

These folks are ready for freddy with the Pay Pal capability of stripping funds from the average, concerned, guilty, 6 figure dweeb who drives a large SUVand whose science understandiing is limited to 3 nova shows each year.

Of course, this is the 55th iteration and rehash of direct conversion of the P-B11 reaction and related table thumpers to make boiling water obsolete in th' power biz. More grist thrown into an already worn out mill.

No data, 100% smoke and mirrors. Promises about making YOU PART OF THE PROCESS. You will be an intimate and leader behind the process that will fuel tomorrow's economy, raining perpetual sunshine down upon a society that is grateful to you for having helped via your Pay Pal offering.

RIght! We have your money, now off you go.

Nebulous processes in yet to be made devices requiring immediate cash donations and playing on a desire to help out in a time of need. This old saw is ever sharpened and ever used on the softwood of ignorance.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Richard Hull wrote:
> These folks are ready for freddy with the Pay Pal capability of stripping funds from the average, concerned, guilty, 6 figure dweeb who drives a large SUVand whose science understandiing is limited to 3 nova shows each year.

Ja, sure. But it's Frida, not Freddy. Some Swedish 6-figure dweebs came up wth the money ($600,000 of $10M total).

http://focusfusion.org/log/index.php/si ... agreement/

Lerner is not the only one asking for money. So is Bussard ($200M) for his Fusor.
Chris Trent

Post by Chris Trent »

Sometimes I'm really tempted to toss up a site like that. A stray thousand or two would go a long way in our research.

I'd never be able to stomach the foolishly optimistic promises I'd have to make for the money though. (I guess that's why I'm not in marketing)

> On the other hand I just might put up an honest site and call my thousand closest friends and ask them to donate a buck or two.

-Chris

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”