Inverted PolyWell?

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Dennis P Brown

Re: Inverted PolyWell?

Post by Dennis P Brown »

That is really good news and best of luck with that set up. Mark did really great work (one does not need to achieve some arbitrary goal to succeed. He certainly advanced polywells.) Hope you, Bob, can continue and further advance his work. Hope to see you get that system running - that will be an accomplishment in of itself; getting a previous system back into operation can be a very difficult endeavor.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Did Suppes monkey with the polywell?? I do know he assembled a first rate standard fusor.

Is Bob dreaming of polywell work?? He has a handful with restoring and peaking the system he took over. Polywell work that advances over the efforts of the ONR San Diego effort is a big bucks zone for sure. I never heard of a fusing amateur polywell. Lots of boosters and hangers on for the polywell concept. I know of no successful fusion efforts at the amateur level, just a lot of wind over the decks by hopefuls and boosters.

Enquiring minds want to know.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite »

I bought Suppes' vacuum equipment to use for a standard fusor. I had briefly considered building a Polywell, but then along came the report of "Gonzo Mode" which I will still be pursuing once I get caught up on the work that pays the bills.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.
Guillaume_Liere

Post by Guillaume_Liere »

Hi Santiago Arcila,

I'm just a layman (and new here on fusor, hence the late answer) and fully support your idea, you made a clear description of the intended way to get longer term energy gain and it's very interesting.
Comparing it to other Ampere-based fusion projects, I'm only afraid it might in reality prove difficult to maintain long enough the exact same number of electrons in the exact same energy state / position / trajectory without having to re-inject some periodically? I mean, the device must be attached to something (on Earth at least), and surrounded by something (air is cheap but can leak electrons). I guess it would work wonder out there in space, wich is an amazing thing to think of! Would be great to test the idea at a small scale to check if it works as good as you make it sound.
Oh or maybe underwater in a dielectric liquid having the ad hoc density?... Ok wild idea from my side...

Anyway I wish you luck in your project!
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Bob Reite wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:17 pm I got started by buying Mark Suppes vacuum gear for ten cents on the dollar after he thew in the towel.
That's fabulous!

I am so glad to see the myriad ways in which this site serves a useful purpose.

It's still the most valuable and lasting thing I've had anything to with in this entire millennium.

Thanks for that, Bob.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

This is the number one site for folks to not only do fusion, but to learn about fusion and how to apply it in amateur experiment. It never demands you do fusion, but assumes you are interested enough to read to discover the truth behind why it is, at once, easy to do and yet hard to make a useful, controlled, net power producing system consecrated to the betterment of man.

As Bacon said in his essay on studies.

Read not to accept and take for granted, nor to find discourse, but to weigh and consider.

Science, we are told, is the final answer. Follow the science, we are told. Like politics and religion, science is of man. Science can go off the rails at times, being of man. However, its saving grace is that it is auto-correcting due to others in the field giving the lie to bad science or correcting science done in an unscientific manner. So, the temple of science is built upon repeatable experiment. Hopefully, science is constructed by men of some honor and unbounded curiosity.

I reiterate the Perfesser provided a safe and serious entity that is a place of both learning and doing for those curious about fusion at many levels.

It survives by its vibrance and practical approach to fusion contributed to by its many occupants over the years.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”