Early plasma focus at IPPLM Warsaw

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Maciek Szymanski

Early plasma focus at IPPLM Warsaw

Post by Maciek Szymanski »

Some time ago when doing cleanup at my work I've found some old photographs. They are not dated but probably mid 1970s. I do not wanted to throw them to the trash bin, so put them into desk drawer. And today I've dug them up, because somebody needed a reference for the prop set for tv series taking part in 70s. I think they may be of some interest here here as documentation of the early fusion research efforts.

E75102A0-6B7C-4D87-AF2C-4A3D9EBC8ED8.jpeg
The main discharge chamber (top left), capacitor bank and the step up transformer (right edge).

059A8B15-D210-4056-999E-B53B26A4700F.jpeg
The battery safety fence and auxiliary power cabinets.

A443F125-6EDE-4113-8D30-540BA808B57E.jpeg
The operator panel and the discharge controller.

4B23106D-588A-4FCB-A90C-B719BFD0C736.jpeg
The interaction/diagnostic chamber. Below the base plate the shoe magnets of the ion pump are visible. The control valve with the corrugated tube is still lying somewhere in one of my storage lockers. I don't know what was the purpose of the knurled knob on the right (moving targets? x-ray filers?) but it is a very good in-house designed rotary movement feed through. I'e copied this design few times.

DE70E4EA-3DCA-4C28-A922-CB7F2F2C3B27.jpeg
The same chamber fitted with detectors. Probably two x-ray scintillators with PMTs and the ion collector.
“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”