Have some explaining to do...

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Sven Andersson

Have some explaining to do...

Post by Sven Andersson »

Here it is: why do I make the claims that I make; why do I suggest that soft x-rays can induce fusion reactions? It's all very simple; I happen to belive in the ideas of a certain Charles S. Cagle! You can read all about it on his website:

http://www.freewebs.com/fusionnow/contents.html

The more I read about fusion, the more convinced I become that Cagle is right. For example, according to Cagle, electromagnetic radiation should dilate time between charged particles causing ionization. There is experimental evidence for this, see "Complete photo-fragmentation of the deuterium molecule" (NATURE |VOL 431 | 23 SEPTEMBER 2004).

If the investigators had used radiation with a larger energy than 76 eV, they would have stumbled on an extraordinarily important discovery. My guess is that soft x-rays with an energy between 1000 eV to 20 000 eV will, when it (one quantum of electromagnetic radiation) collides with a deuterium molecule, induce fusion. Both electrons would be thrown away, and the nuclei would be drawn to each other and undergo nuclear fusion. Why 20 keV for the upper limit? Because that radiation has a wavelenght of 0.6 Angstrom, which is equal to the bond lenght of the molecule i.e. the distance between the dueterons.

The experimentum crucis that proves this beyond any reasonable doubt is very simple. Just irradiate deuterium gas at NTP with soft x-rays and see if gamma rays and neutrons are produced.

That is, i belive, what happened in the YouTube video "Neutron Activation-desktop.m4v". See a previous post.

The CNO-fusion (for want of a better word) in the video "Fusor Generating X-Rays" by clagwell, is due to the same mechanism, only that the atomic ions, are first partially ionized by collisions in the star region of the Fusor.

If you want to help realize the experimentum crucis or have any other help to offer, contact me at:

pairwise
relations
(at)
hotmail
com
Chris Bradley

Re: Have some explaining to do...

Post by Chris Bradley »

Sven, you are now repeating yourself, and what you have said has been addressed and you don't seem to like the answers so you're asking it all over again. Enough. You're talking BS. If what you were saying was real then why do you think no-one has ever yet noticed neutrons spewing out of their deuterium lecture bottles when in range of x-rays coming from a fusor being run/cleaned with a neutral test gas before a fusing run?
Sven Andersson

Post by Sven Andersson »

Chris Bradley wrote:Sven, you are now repeating yourself, and what you have said has been addressed and you don't seem to like the answers so you're asking it all over again. Enough. You're talking BS. If what you were saying was real then why do you think no-one has ever yet noticed neutrons spewing out of their deuterium lecture bottles when in range of x-rays coming from a fusor being run/cleaned with a neutral test gas before a fusing run?
Soft x-rays will not penetrate the walls of the Fusor, so they will actually never get outside of the Fusor. Second, even if they did, they would never, ever penetrate the walls of the lecture bottle. If you were to build a Fusor with a Beryllium "window", and then put next to this "window" a bottle (also with a Beryllium "window") filled with deuterium gas, then fusion reactions would happen.

The above is so easy to test that it could be done on any physics institution in a few days, perhaps as little as a few hours.

If you want to help realize this, contact me! I have given my e-mail in previous posts.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

Sven,

You are mixing up chemical behaviors and nuclear ones. Deuterium is a molecule that contains two atoms of deuterium. Once that molecule is cleaved due to photo radiation as you have stated, there will be two atoms of deuterium left. Each atom will still have it's respective electron. Even if it didn't, the charge on each deuterium nucleus is +1. Like charges repel and as the distance gets small, the forces go up with the distance squared. Nothing is gained here.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

Frank's correct. Not only that, there is quite the flux of very high energy gammas near a sucessful fusor as is - from neutron capture in the moderators always present - 2.2 MeV will easily go through pretty much everything with plenty left over.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

True! Most hydrogenous moderators are slowly turned into deuterated moderators. (Not so much as you would notice or be able to detect, of course.)

The number of hot gammas and, thus, deuterons produced in a moderator are vastly lower in number than the number of fast neutrons that enter it, as most ultimately drift on out of the moderator as free moving thermal neutrons to be captured or slowed further in other objects they may strike.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”