Centrifugal fusion?

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Wyatt

Centrifugal fusion?

Post by Wyatt »

The other day I had the idea that maybe fusion could be initiated by fusion fuel's own mass pressurizing itself, just like gravity in stars. If fusion fuel was placed in some kind centrifuge moving fast enough to synthesize gravity like that of stars, the heat and energy produced could make fusion possible. This method could potentially acheive a smaller net energy loss than a conventional Farnsworth-Hirsch style fusor.
In the vacuum of space the centrifuge would never cease once it was brought up to speed and could maybe even sustain fusion? I'm guessing the centrifuge would be moving way to fast and any metal or ceramic it was constructed out of would just fly apart.
wp
Wyatt

Re: Centrifugal fusion?

Post by Wyatt »

It appears someone thought of it first.

http://scitation.aip.org/getabs/servlet ... s&gifs=yes
badboybilzer

faraday dynamo and centrifical fusion

Post by badboybilzer »

badboybilzer

centrifical disk itself impossible

Post by badboybilzer »

i have thought that the hutchenson effect could cause virtual disk
there is an alternitive im exploring with a hollow rotor using a old saphire bulb as a armature

by passing deut thru a loaded funtioning faraday dynamo we may have a hi yeild
condition breaking barrier and allowing a laminar flow of deut that is aligned and
pre heated by electron flow

im collecting the parts now i have the electron gun and sapire tubes
my thyratron can only handle a thosand amps at 100 kv and idont know if i can reach threshold with only a class A or B operation , i have toyed with a class E operation but
that exceeds my experence.

funny thing is if i get the faraday dynamo working that renders the fusor obsolete for all but indrustrial heet processes

enjoy the ride , energys free
Richard Hull

Re: centrifical disk itself impossible

Post by Richard Hull »

Wyatt, You did good! You worked it out in your own brain.

You answered your own question.

Matter is held together by only molecular forces. (very weak, a few tens of ev at most.)

As such, any centrifugal set up would, indeed, fly apart after overcoming molecular forces long before the requisite nuclear forces could be obtained to initiate fusion. Centrifugal and centripital forces are, faux (false), gravitational effects, as is inertia. All contrivances utilizing any of these forces are limited by simple, and rather weak, molecular binding forces.

Note* Inertial forces work OK on single accelerated ions, but not on bulk fuel that is in a container

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
badboybilzer

id like to see the progress of that reactor

Post by badboybilzer »

was the lead alloy done for cost savings
what host could spin that fast
a purifyer for lub oil that spun at one hundred grand was maby ten inches across
had a 20 mill vibration

now add fluid heated alloy thats not only fungable semi solid but actual liquid
any start up explosion would cause a huge gyroscopic instability
science has overcome worse problems

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”