Gaining some energy back from our fusion reactors

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Gaining some energy back from our fusion reactors

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Again, Richard hits the gold! This site is all about sharing ones plans and what one is currently doing! That is what we all really like about the site.

For instance, I'm currently posting of all things my efforts in building a glorified shed to do fusor work in. Silly in some ways but I got useful feedback, have fun posting and offer guidance for others who might decide this is a good idea for them or maybe shown them it is a very bad idea depending on their original goals.

So do share your ideas on your approach - people here can help you refine your idea so it is more realistic for your goal. Many start with a demo fusor - this allows one to master vacuum work (critical for any fusor) and get a handle on both electrical knowledge and getting into the plasma club here.

Any demo fusor works for this even if a wine bottle is used for the vacuum chamber; but most build a semi-real fusor body and add a neon sign transformer (NST) level power supply (safe but does reach 5 -15 kV.) You decide what level you want to go and post here. Add your goals and what equipment you hope to get or have gotten.

What ever you do, do not buy a real power supply unless you first discus that here so you get a correct and usable supply; few supplies meet the requirements and these can (if new) cost a small fortune.
Erich Gazenko

Re: Gaining some energy back from our fusion reactors

Post by Erich Gazenko »

I guess you have a point but I get criticism. So I am not doing something right. My Apologies. I am not the best with people.

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”