Cosmic Rays?

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Adam Szendrey

Re: Cosmic Rays?

Post by Adam Szendrey »

I'll second that Richard. Ignorant people are easy to scare.... I sometimes think a lot of folks actually like being scared..go figure! All this panic about radiation..and all the while you don't even have to go as far as medical exams...The same people who boo at nuclear energy, willingly expose themselves to high doses of energetic UV rays, and regularly get burns...those are radiation burns. And they treat them completely casually, even though it can cause the same serious problems as any form of "scary" radiation. Of course I'm not trying to say people shouldn't sunbathe, I'm saying they should get their facts straight and get educated about radiation, and it's actual effects, so they wouldn't get a fit when somebody mentions "radioactive" or "nuclear"...well I'll just dream on about a different society...

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”