Counter project complete.

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Starfire

Re: Counter project complete.

Post by Starfire »

Congrats Richard - a good effort - better than working with SMT SOT-23 or 1206 with tweezers and the need for an inspection microscope
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Yes, The large DIPs of old are about the only way someone is going to do electronic hobby work without involving a PCB house or going blind.

The large digits were for large visitor groups, of course, but as Richard notes, our eyesight is bad and I have had bifocals for over 20 years now. I feel I know why too.

When Richard and I were young, there were no computers or computer games, no cell phones, internet,etc and Television was not fully developed and most only broadcast after dark. (no daytime TV) As such, we had to play outdoors with friends or go inside and play with ourselves. I fear the latter has caused the early onset of poor eyesight..........If I might further an old wives tale.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

I have my eye on some middlin' large Russian vacuum fluorescent displays that would make an attractive display that looks a little out of the ordinary. There's some huge VFDs on Ebay originally meant for clock duty, but the seller wants some really intense folding money for those. The Russian product goes for beer change.
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

Agh! - ( R.Hull ) an honest man

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”