Counts vs Events on Eberline NRD

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Tom Dressel

Counts vs Events on Eberline NRD

Post by Tom Dressel »

I received my Eberline NRD last week. I was playing around with it, and on the scalier setting the there are two options: count vs event. What is the difference between the two?

Tom Dressel
Richard Hull

Re: Counts vs Events on Eberline NRD

Post by Richard Hull »

Very strange. Usually they are the same. Is there an auxiliary input to allow the thing to be used as a separate counter?

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Tom Dressel

Post by Tom Dressel »

No there is only the high voltage BNC connector. I am wondering if one mode is for for use with the tube out of the moderator?

Tom
pawinemaker

Post by pawinemaker »

On my ESP-1 with NRD neutron ball, I only have two options for the scaler, either events or mRem/hr. My ESP-1 was shipped with the scaler disabled, and I had to enable it, but that was the only adjustment.

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”