BC-720 Picture

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.

BC-720 Picture

Post by guest »

Thanks to Richard Hull for reposting the BC-720 picture. The rings of phosphor loaded plastic are relatively thick and do not go all the way through the clear plastic. This, and the observation that the disk is white on the other side, leads me to believe that it was manufactured by milling deep coencentic grooves in a disk of lucite or other non-fluorescent plastic, then back filling the grooves with phosphor loaded resin. I'm making a variant that uses a pattern of 1/8" holes in a lucite disk . As soon as I can set up a little vacuum chamber to help the resin penetrate all the little holes, I plan to fill the drilled side of the disk with polyester resin loaded with ZnS in a ratio of 4:70, just like the Hornyak button recipe posted earlier. I'll post a picture of the result when it is done.

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”