Thanks Richard Hester!

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Richard Hull

Thanks Richard Hester!

Post by Richard Hull »

All,

Richard Hester, in his Ho, Ho, Ho posting just prior to this one left us all a nice gift for Xmas.

I am back after two weeks of vacation and have just been to the files section and printed out his work on the 3 transistor Hamamatsu PMT preamp.

As an old electronics engineer, I can appreciate the work Richard has done on this and other matters for our benefit now and in the past. It is a joy to have a fellow of his ability and willingness to share on this list among us.

His work on improving this neat little preamp, which I back figured to paper off of the microscopic hamamtsu circuit board back in 99, should help everyone trying to scramble and get a simple but workable nuclear detection scheme up and running.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”