Re: HV Power Supply Schematic

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The 600 volt inverter is available from Jameco Electronics (800) 831-4242 for 14.95. Part # 146190. It is a 600 volt rms - 4ma inverter (30khz) with a 5 volt input at 200ma. I have used these puppies for Geiger supplies.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Richard - Are these the PICO supplies.. ? I know they make some cute little ones for 500v that are about 1/2" cube or smaller.

Dave Cooper

Post by guest »

The Pico supplies are far too extravagant for my tastes. The supply used as the AC source is a common CCFL inverter. There's one in every laptop computer and LCD monitor. All Electronics has a 12V input model for about $10. Richard Hull has pointed an available 5V model at Jameco for about the same price. The inverter I'm using now is a TDK device from a local surplus store. It uses all surface mount components, and is about the same size as a pack of gum.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The Jameco device is a standard TDK Cold Cathode tube power supply. It is new, and not surplus. It is not a pico supply. It is the size of a pack of chewing gum and is just a minature phenolic circuit board with inductors and SM components.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”