gs-usb-pro neutron counter?

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
byron addams

gs-usb-pro neutron counter?

Post by byron addams »

Does anyone know if the gammaspectacular gs-usb-pro will work with a helium-3 tube?

https://www.gammaspectacular.com/blue/g ... gs-usb-pro
Trying to keep the magic smoke from getting out.
Richard Hull

Re: gs-usb-pro neutron counter?

Post by Richard Hull »

I have no idea regarding the preamp in the Gamma spectacular. It will cost you $400 to find out. If you roll the dice and obtain the GS unit let us know how it goes. You give us no data on your 3He tube in this query.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Liam David

Post by Liam David »

You might have to change the internal bias resistor. Steven Sesselmann should be able to tell you whether it will work.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Certainly call the company and ask to talk to an engineer - explain you have a technical question. It is likely the Engineer can answer your question - be sure to know the make and model of the detector, that you are measuring low flux neutrons using a He-3 detector. They will likely know what does and dose not work and what issues like if a pre-amp is required for their system. My counter provides both an adjustable voltage and a pre-amp on the scintillation feed in, but not the geiger counter. It worked very well with my Russian BF-3 tube but mine was a different company so no idea if that unit you are referencing will work with your detector.
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Dennis
The engineer is Steven Sesselmann he has visited me here in NZ a couple of times
Byron send him a PM or contact him on facebook via Ground potential
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Make sure to identify, accurately, the type of 3He tube you wish to connect to his product.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”