Deuterated lithium

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Sarmad suseyn

Deuterated lithium

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

Hi
I was reading regarding deuterated targets for neutron generators , because im trying to build one,
In the fusor can be used without deuterium injection inside the chamber. When deuterated lithium is heated ( thats what happens inside) the hydrogen starts releasing from the compound. Thats i think is perfect. For example if you place a gram of deuterated lithium in the middle of the star the deuterium gas will start flowing , this helps that you don't need to use the vacuum all the time. Just plug and play.
The question is how to obtain it. !! EASY
A BALLOON with deuterium gas, a quarter tube and a torch.
How to make lithium hydride: replace hydrogen with deuterium
https://youtu.be/pJeLj3XkD-I
I think its interesting to try
Now Richard don't attack me so hard. Be easy on me.
JoeBallantyne

Re: Deuterated lithium

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Lithium 6 deuteride is thermonuclear bomb fuel. Why do you keep bringing up topics that have nothing to do with fusors? Keep it up, and you will likely just get banned.

Joe.
Sarmad suseyn

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

Dear joe

Who said any thing about the thermonuclear bomb!! Im speaking about hydrogen (deuterium)storage compounds. The are used widely in neutron generators. For the thermonuclear bomb it needs a nuclear weapon to get that much temperature. Go and look for deuterated targets they are used for neutron generators using high voltage and ion sources.
So........ go to sleep its late
Last edited by Sarmad suseyn on Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

A good vacuum in an accelerator of some form will always be needed for the production of neutrons at the amateur level. There are no shortcuts available within the regulations for amateurs in the U.S. Any discussion here outside of amateur fusion, (fusor or accelerator fusion), can get you banned from posting here.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Sarmad suseyn

Post by Sarmad suseyn »

It seems I'm not welcome here.
This my last topic here. Going to look for another forums.
Thank for everything.
Good luck everyone
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

It is sad that folks show up here with little knowledge of the regulations and expecting to tear neutrons out of atoms with some ease. Atoms are jealous guardians of their neutrons. No natural radioactive element emits them. Only fission and fusion can bring them forth. Fission of any form is not allowed by regulations here in the U.S. Only amateur fusion can get them and all amateur fusion demands a vacuum and high voltages using only non-regulated isotopes. As such, only deuterium can be used by the amateur in some sort of accelerator device which demands a vacuum. We, as good citizens, must always stay within the regulations and rules set forth.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”