Collection of information about russian SNM tubes

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Richard Hull

Re: Collection of information about russian SNM tubes

Post by Richard Hull »

In response to your question....Are not my quotes those from Steven Sesselmann's on this same page?....In response... Yes, they are his exact words and they are absolutely unnecessary. We have already read those words of his above and need not be reminded of them. We are smart readers and need not be reminded of the exact words in any preceding posts. Block quotes are any verbiage in your current post that is in shaded gray "block" which quotes from another post within any given entire thread. We do not like block quotes in gray in responses. Your responses in your posts should be all your own words.

The above request is commonly noted to new folks here. Avoid block quotes from previous posts in a thread.

To my knowledge there is no restrictions on posting images of any sort on new people. To the contrary it is highly recommended. A picture is worth a thousand words. Your table of official, published efficiencies was most welcomed.

Note: Block quotes are OK if you are referring to some quote made way back in a thread of some months or years ago. Do not use them in response to a recent running thread

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Michael Kaufmann

Post by Michael Kaufmann »

shall we continue? : )

bias voltage selection:

подбор режима питания.png

absolute maximum sensitivity (counts*cm^2/n) of counters to neutrons of various spectra:

чувствительность.png
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Nice graphs but any chance we can get some translation into English on the key points (graph parameters.) Maybe a bit on the context of the articles - I see it is a voltage vs. some type of response for each detector type.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The RS-P4 and P7 references in the graphs and table are comparison to the famous industry standard Reuter and Stokes P4 (4ATM 3He) and P7 (7ATM 3He) proportional detector tubes to the Russian tubes. I have since 2004 only used the RS-P4, 21-inch long tube in my neutron detection system.

Richard Hull
Attachments
3He - BF3.Anno.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Joe Gayo

Post by Joe Gayo »

@Michael

Can we get the entire document? I would like to translate.

Thanks
Michael Kaufmann

Post by Michael Kaufmann »

yea, sure - you can download it from The International Atomic Energy Agency website.
sorry guys - don't have much free time now to translate this on my own.

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”