Where to get neutron bubble dosimeters and neutron shielding

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Arvin Singh

Where to get neutron bubble dosimeters and neutron shielding

Post by Arvin Singh »

I have a goal of reaching up to 500,000 neutrons/sec and to be able to irradiate many materials such as Potassium-39 with thermal neutrons. I also want to be able to direct the neutron by having shielding on all sides except in the firing hole. But I really would need a neutron detector to keep me safe and to tell whether radiation is leaking or not.
John Futter

Re: Where to get neutron bubble dosimeters and neutron shiel

Post by John Futter »

Arvin
Again this should have been posted in the new user chat area
You have not done a simple search as this has been discussed many many many times before
Stop being lazy
We are not here to spoon feed you
Richard Hull

Re: Where to get neutron bubble dosimeters and neutron shiel

Post by Richard Hull »

There so much to learn about neutron physics in this effort. Yet, much of what the fusioneer, at the amateur level, really needs to possess can be condensed in perhaps a rather expansive FAQ.
I may make an attempt keep your eye on the radiation forum. There are many wrong headed and silly ideas related to neutron production, neutron types, shielding and using neutrons as nuclear bullets.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”