Bill Kolb's TRINITITE The Atomic Age Minearl is out.

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
George Dowell

Bill Kolb's TRINITITE The Atomic Age Minearl is out.

Post by George Dowell »

Got mine yesterday, a good read. Get one.

George Dowell
Richard Hull

Re: Bill Kolb's TRINITITE The Atomic Age Minearl is out.

Post by Richard Hull »

Bill sent me a very rough draft about 5 years ago and I received an advance pre-published copy about a week ago and helped de-bug the very few errors I found in the text. I have known Bill for many years now and have gone on a number of U hunts out in Utah, New Mexico, Virginia and North Carolina with him. Carl Willis joined us around Moab in 2009 and later in Virginia. Bill's first book was a huge success and was written up here. "Living with Radiation, The First 100 years"

His new book simply titled "Trinitite" is a one of a kind book about the Trinity blast, its site and, of course, the mineral itself. A must have for any well turned out rad-freak or atomic history nut. Tons of great info of a highly technical nature as well as the humorous tale of Ralph Pray and his 1 ton rip-off of Trinitite in 1951.

Cool beans.....

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”