Ion gun for self defense (dont laugh)

For the design and construction details of ion guns, necessary for more advanced designs and lower vacuums.

Ion gun for self defense (dont laugh)

Post by guest »

Hello to everyone.
I am not a scientist and i know nearly nothing about ion guns but i heard they can project electricity and shock people from distance. I want to know if someone here can build an ion gun for
me which can stun an attacker like a stun gun does but without direct contact. I am ready to pay 5000 dollars for such a device if it works just the way i described... i dont really know what it costs but 5000 is my limit but if it will be a nice unit then i may pay more please email me at burakizci@hotmail.com If you think that this msg is stupid then excuse me. Have a nice day!
Thanks again!
grrr6

Re: Ion gun for self defense (dont laugh)

Post by grrr6 »

No, it would not work for that purpose, but a taser would suit your purpose very nicely, and would not cost very much compared to your budget.

Post by guest »

I designed a double pumper squirt gun loaded with salt water, and used a stun gun circuit to provide the electric force to the target. Never could find anyone willing to be a test subject but I think it will work for your application.

Also it does not have tagents in the darts as do the Tasers. Kind of like a double barrel super-soaker with an electric kick.

Jenkins wrote:
> Hello to everyone.
> I am not a scientist and i know nearly nothing about ion guns but i heard they can project electricity and shock people from distance. I want to know if someone here can build an ion gun for
> me which can stun an attacker like a stun gun does but without direct contact. I am ready to pay 5000 dollars for such a device if it works just the way i described... i dont really know what it costs but 5000 is my limit but if it will be a nice unit then i may pay more please email me at burakizci@hotmail.com If you think that this msg is stupid then excuse me. Have a nice day!
> Thanks again!

Post by guest »

Everyone knows that Ion Guns are illegal on most worlds due to the damage they can cause to expensive androids.

Mr. McDonnough, Responding to this thread about your squirt gun might not have been the best way to instill us with confidence in the validity of your Plasmavolt technology.

Post by guest »

Anthony,
I cannot believe that you are so completely without humor.

Also the device I mentioned can be adapted to crowd control applications by simply adapting the conventional water cannons now used for this purpose worldwide. The DOD actually is funding research into this type of technology that I describe.

The PlasmaVolt technology works without regard for your belief in it I might add, and so do I.

Anthony - OH wrote:
> Everyone knows that Ion Guns are illegal on most worlds due to the damage they can cause to expensive androids.
>
> Mr. McDonnough, Responding to this thread about your squirt gun might not have been the best way to instill us with confidence in the validity of your Plasmavolt technology.

Post by guest »

Michael,

I am all about getting laughs. (The android thing wasn't funny?)

I also thought it very funny that you would talk about a "squirt gun" on the very same forum where you were building credibility for the Plasmavolt.

Personally I hope the Plasmavolt revolutionizes this planet. I am the one who started the Plasmavolt thread because it sounded like something these Fusor guys would be interested in. I wish we could get more scientific theorizing going on among them on this subject.

I definitely wasn't trying to attack you. I just didn't think the squirt gun converation was going to help me understand more about the Plasmavolt and like technology. Lets encourage the others to take you seriously and get some discussion going.

Thanks
Anthony Neuhard
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Most of the stuff discussed here is comprehensible, solid, and fully disclosed if it is said to work. This allows others to immediately replicate the work, attempt improvement or add to the versatility of the process and such work is fully reported back and shared with the group.

Theory is great, but if it never gets to the doing by folks on this forum, it is the stuff of chat rooms and so much air directed outward while exhaling. (it belongs in the theory forum)

I was rather stunned that the plasma volt discussion wound up in the construction forum as there is no relevant construction possible! Anyone out there tooling up to make a plasma volt system?

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Post by guest »

Richard,

My original question asked exactly that. "Plasmavolt. Has anyone replicated this?"

I thought that since it had already been built that it was beyond the theory stage and into the construction/self sustaining phase.

Michael is talking about private demo's of his prototype next week, and bringing it to market within a year...Sounds like it is a little beyond the theory stage.

I was asking originally so I could replicate one for personal use, and start selling wattage back to my electric company.

SO I guess what you are saying Richard, is that you don't have one replicated yet?

Post by guest »

very true, we should stay on topic in the forum. I will let it rest but have one more message for the Plasmavolt thread.

Post by guest »

The only things that come to mind along these lines are two experimental devices one called the Plasma Taser, which shoots an aerosol to make a conductive path, and a UV laser Taser that does the same by ionizing the air to create a conduit, but the prototype is the size of a refrigerator.

To my limited knowledge neither is commercially available, but the aerosol one has been showcased in a European non-lethal weapons convention.

Sorry I can’t be of any more help.

Oh and yes, they are more than just theory.

Hector
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

On the conducting liquids HV stun gun... I would just caution to beware of ...leaks and drips!

Most have heard the ditty: " Here lies the body of fireman McGuire, who trained his hose on the trolley wire.."..

sorry for that one...

Dave Cooper.

Return to “Ion Gun Design and Construction (& FAQs)”