Power

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
brian31525

Power

Post by brian31525 »

I have 2 welding machines, one is DC+,DC- one is DC+, DC-, AC. I have around 225 Amps DC pos or neg on one machine, and 250 Amp DC pos/neg, 225 Amps AC on the other to play with. Is there a way to build a transformer to step up this output to Hv. Both are gas-engine driven. Also have high frequency equipment for welding aluminum. Would the arc in a hf system be considered as plasma?

http://www.casano.com/projects/hfstart/

Also on a side note, the power company in its infinite wisdom put a 28.8kv step down transformer outside my bedroom. Wish I could tap it. HAHA
Ross Moffett

Re: Power

Post by Ross Moffett »

You have a device which converts a medium voltage with a high current flow to a low voltage with a very high current flow. That's the opposite of where you want to start. This is the high voltage forum.

Welding arcs are a plasma. Not the same sort of phenomena that makes a fusor though.
Richard Hull

Re: Power

Post by Richard Hull »

To do fusion you will need 20,000 or more volts, minimum! No way to get there with any welder.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”