Flyback zvs plus multiplier

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Isaac Boehm

Re: Flyback zvs plus multiplier

Post by Isaac Boehm »

I know that a flyback is not the most efficient method but my question remains could I use the flyback from information unlimited. Even if it can't hit 60ma it must be able to hit 10 to 20 ma lower on a high power zvs driver. Remember I am not trying
to set any records with this project I just want to be able to produce neutrons as a learning experience for me.
I can't think that it would be terrible of me to say – and it is occasionally true – that I need physics more than friends. -Robert J Oppenheimer
Ross Moffett

Post by Ross Moffett »

In my opinion your question has been answered already and you don't seem to like the answer - if that's the case, go ahead and try it, nothing is going to explode.
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

Okay i'll wind my own and see how it goes.
I can't think that it would be terrible of me to say – and it is occasionally true – that I need physics more than friends. -Robert J Oppenheimer
Ross Moffett

Post by Ross Moffett »

Let us know!

Just to show you that the flyback isn't necessarily the cheapest/best option, find the core for a high-power SMPS core here with some other stuff I've been considering for voltage measurement, rectification, etc.
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

I already have a flyback core from an old tv 70s vintage
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

I have purchased the flyback off of information unlimited it is actually just the windings not the ferrite, I supplied a ferrite of my own. My question is I am pumping electricity via the zvs driver through it and I am not getting anything out. Could it be a bad ferrite I noticed that the ferrite had not worked with any of my experiments with winding my own flyback. I tested the driver with a dc flyback and it still works fine. Any ideas?
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

Also can you measure current with a HV probe connected to a DMM?
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

Isaac Boehm wrote: I supplied a ferrite of my own.... Could it be a bad ferrite I noticed that the ferrite had not worked with any of my experiments with winding my own flyback.... Any ideas?
Based on the truly minuscule amount of information you have supplied, it could be absolutely anything at all. Ask yourself if the questions you're asking are likely to generate answers specific enough to be useful to you.
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

Hello I apologize in advanced for my lack of detail. I have experienced that my flyback is not giving me one little spark of output even with variations in capacitors and the inductor in the driver, so I found this on the webs http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/f ... ver20.html the high power version says it has variable input up to 100v and variable voltage control and frequency. Do you think that the high power version would be able to give me approx around 10kv and within 10 ma of 60 ma that the flyback is rated for? Also I am curious about using RF amplifiers to do fusion?
Andrew Haynes

Post by Andrew Haynes »

Hi Isaac Boehm
If you could get your hands on 15 second hand Microwave oven transformers, add two stage recifered, you could use the below diagram with salt water instead of air, and have each of the 10 cells connected in series, with one MOT driving one cell, you could reach 30-40kv at 100ma.
Just a idea.
Attachments
vdoubler.PNG
Andrew Haynes
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

Thanks. Ill think about. The thing is I am not very fond of MOTs and have sort of made vow not to use them due to the danger factor. But thanks for the input though.
Andrew Haynes

Post by Andrew Haynes »

You could use two NST for 30kv 30ma or four NST wired in two series two parrellel for 30kv 60ma, the four NST would set you back around $1200 new.
Andrew Haynes
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

Or I could use a 12kv 60ma nst connect it to a tripler and get 30kv
Andrew Haynes

Post by Andrew Haynes »

What size grid spaceing are you useing, you could use a static cig lighter?
Andrew Haynes
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The seventh page of posts on this topic!.................

Richard Hull
Attachments
Beating_the_dead_horse.jpg
Beating_the_dead_horse.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Isaac Boehm

Post by Isaac Boehm »

It shall be done I shall look for a proper supply and stop asking stupid questions!

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”