Feedthrough

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Vikram Singh

Feedthrough

Post by Vikram Singh »

http://www.accuglassproducts.com/catalo ... c-572.html

is this is a good feedthrough for 10kv for demo mode
Conrad Farnsworth

Re: Feedthrough

Post by Conrad Farnsworth »

It looks like it will work..However it WONT work for fusion...unless your name is Chad Remy
Vikram Singh

Post by Vikram Singh »

so this will work for demo? thts good
and it doesnt work for fusion because of its rating?
thanks man
Conrad Farnsworth

Post by Conrad Farnsworth »

If you use an 11kv NST it WONT work when you use it with AC. However, when you rectify it to -DC it will only be ~5500 KV...so this WILL work. At least with my experience.
Vikram Singh

Post by Vikram Singh »

yea i hv a 15 kv 30 mA nst and i will be using diodes to recitfy it and on the inside of this feedthrough how do i exactly attack the inner grid and does the inner grid have to be of the same thickness .092

with the 15 kv nst i think in best case scenario the max would be 10kv
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

There are, of course, seven products on the page you linked. Some are rated 5 kV, some rated 20 kV, some in between. Some of those numbers are lower than your 10 kV. Some are higher.

Whatever happened to your OTHER feedthrough thread? Was there a compelling reason to open up a new one??

This is taking on the look of another run-on, ADHD-afflicted spoonfeeding thread, with the shotgun approach to a variety of topics (grid wire size, etc.) that aren't related to the nominal topic. So be warned...stay on topic, use your posting privileges with discretion, and by all means attempt to proofread what you write. We're not an IRC channel or an SMS message service. We will CLOSE threads if they get noisy.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Vikram Singh

Post by Vikram Singh »

Extremely sorry Carl!!
I will definitely be a bit more careful next time I post.
On that page I'm talking about the Style II - 10kV, 30AMP on a 2.75 Flange (is this fine with a 15kv 30mA NST which will be rectified?)
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

I think it's probably fine, but you would be pushing it to its design maximum voltage with 10 kV in. The air side standoff ability can be improved using oil immersion. If at any time you plan on upgrading from demo to measurable fusion at higher voltages, you should consider something with a higher rating.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”