Non-GF Neon Sign Transformers - eBay Find

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
Dave Xanatos

Non-GF Neon Sign Transformers - eBay Find

Post by Dave Xanatos »

Anyone seen these yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60mA-15KV-Curre ... SwBnVW9FUW

They are non-GF 15kv 60ma Current Limited, new NSTs. Looks like they were from Eastern Voltage Research and their Tesla Coils. $289.00 ea...

Dave
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA
Dave Xanatos

Re: Non-GF Neon Sign Transformers - eBay Find

Post by Dave Xanatos »

This probably belongs in the Trading Post, but thought I might put it here to get some eyes on it first....
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA
Rich Feldman

Re: Non-GF Neon Sign Transformers - eBay Find

Post by Rich Feldman »

Thanks for the link, David.

The nameplate in Ebay picture appears to say Information Unlimited, aka Amazing1.
The product & its presentation are more respectable than most from that vendor.
Maybe the design _is_ from EVR.

The price is in the same ballpark as new, mfr-warrantied 15 kV 60 mA coil-and-core NST's from industrial distributors, but yes it's hard to find the latter without ground fault protection.

The good ebay deal for me was three NIB transformers with that rating (but _with_ ground fault protection) for $25 each. I think the low price was because their primaries are wound for 277 volts.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”