Digital Convection Gauge Dilemma

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Nick Peskosky

Digital Convection Gauge Dilemma

Post by Nick Peskosky »

I have recently acquired two Kurt J. Lesker KJL-902178 digital convection gauge controllers for use in monitoring the pressures in my foreline system. At first glance when I purchased them for cheap on E-bay I thought that they were directly compatible with the various Convectron 275 style Pirani gauge tube heads I have acquired over the last few months (the gauge tube connector cords were cut). After further inspection it has become apparent that the controller uses the octal bus system for older style Pirani tubes. Is there anyway I can convert the 5 pin output provided from the Convectron tubes to a signal that can be interpreted by the KJL controllers? If this isn't possible can I use the Granville-Phillips (mini-convectron) circuitry read the tubes and then provide this analog signal to the KJL controllers for display? Both KJL controllers are identical and power up fine, the 275 part numbers are listed below.

Gauge 1: 275527-EU (on board electronics but no digital readout)
Gauge 2: 275905-EU (this already has a digital display but I was looking for remote operation)

Thank you for any support you guys can provide!
Nick Peskosky
NPeskosky@gmail.com

"The whole of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”