Diffusion pump

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
daniel_pflug

Diffusion pump

Post by daniel_pflug »

Hey I saw this on ebay and think it looks like a decent deal. I'm going to conact the seller to see if the gauges work because a working penning and tc gauge with controllers is almost worth the price. I've been having trouble finding a decent high vac gauge. I can see from the picture that the little Precision Scientific vacuum pump has a broken hose, which leads me to believe there could be more problems. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Alcatel 5253 pump, the main item in the whole setup. Hoping to get some insight. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alcatel-5253-Di ... 3cc09f006c
David D Speck MD

Re: Diffusion pump

Post by David D Speck MD »

Not a bad looking setup, and probably a reasonable price if everything works. Only problem I see is that it is located in Canada. International Freight shipping could be crazy expensive, unless you also live in Canada, or can go and pick it up yourself.

Better get a shipping quote before you buy it. You would have to check if there would be any customs duty required as well

Dave Speck
daniel_pflug

Re: Diffusion pump

Post by daniel_pflug »

Yeah thats true. I live in northern Michigan though so I was hoping that it wouldnt be too crazy.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”