TCP040 Turbo Pump

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Dennis P Brown

TCP040 Turbo Pump

Post by Dennis P Brown »

The manual Pfeiffer set me gave me the jumpers for the old control unit and I used a default jumper info from the web site I posted in the other thread for the second, "newer" unit; the "newer" units works nicely - in faulting the old unit either I fixed a lose connection, or when I shorted a jumper it caused a relay to function again or maybe just a random occurrence (more likely) but the old unit is now working again. Most likely the older control unit will fail again but until then, I'll use it and keep the newer one as a spare.

Hope the manual (for a TCP 040 with fourteen connector jumper) I uploaded here helps others and for anyone that has a TCP 040 with twenty connector 'jumper', just use the default jumpers I gave in the older post - that works for those units.

Learned a bit about these rather old turbo control units and I located someone who repairs turbo's (a small home repair shop guy) - if the junk turbo I got with the controller just needs a bearing, I might send it out for repair - the price isn't all that much.

I have now realized after all my mistakes and lack of proper understanding of the LA subsystems that I need to think some of these issues over more carefully and study the issues some more. After all, these things either fall into place or not - better to be careful, think details out more clearly after better research and do them right. Besides, since a few other major projects are all now starting to fall into place I need to address all the projects more carefully.

At least the controller temporary failure forced me to kick-start and finish a few other side projects and made me realize that I am in no hurry – for now.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”