Vacuum station

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Adam Szendrey

Vacuum station

Post by Adam Szendrey »

Greetings all,

I'm not a frequent poster lately, college, and work (yea, i do them both..) takes a lot of time.
Something neat happened the other day. I asked about a couple of vacuum stations in a lab , and the teacher told me that he would be glad if someone would use one of them for something, as it just collects dust. So it seems i have a complete vacuum station at my disposal...It came so sudden that it took some time for me to realize.
Anyway the station itself has a mechanical pump anda water cooled diff. pimp, and some other fancy stuff, i had no time to examine it, but i will have more info later. The station can pull down into the 1e-5 - 1e-6 Torr range. Though it's rather old so i ssupect it's 1e-5, or higher (meaning higher pressure). But that should be perfect for fusoring. Only problem is, that i won't have too much time to fiddle around with my fusor....

Adam
Q

Re: Vacuum station

Post by Q »

hi adam
i was wondering what had happened to you.
anyway, sounds like you've found an excellent source of vacuum. definately use it for all it's worth. now to find the time.... :)

Q
Starfire

Re: Vacuum station

Post by Starfire »

Great Adam - good luck and make the most of it!
It is so good to see something discarded, being of such benifit to another.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”