What happened to "The Bell Jar" Online?

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Carl Willis

What happened to "The Bell Jar" Online?

Post by Carl Willis »

Does anyone know what is going on with the website for "The Belljar" (You know, that great amateur vacuum journal)? For quite a while now it seems to be gone from its previous location. I'm not a subscriber to the printed journal but I do look at the good stuff online from time to time. Any clues? Thanks!
Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Re: What happened to "The Bell Jar" Online?

Post by guest »

Look in the Interesting Links section for the updated URL

Larry Leins

Re: What happened to "The Bell Jar" Online?

Post by guest »

Here's the story Carl.

My ISP (TIAC) dropped its individual accounts and transferred them to another provider. There was a couple months' notice so I registered www.belljar.net, found a new ISP (with lots of space) and moved everything over. All of my current subscribers got a notice of the change. Eventually Google et al. will catch up.

The TIAC site was still up through June but it's gone now. As to the new site I've gone through every page and updated them all (lots of outdated links, etc.).

Along with this I am suspending the print newsletter as of the last issue of Vol. 10 (available time, printing costs and postage finally got the better of me) and will concentrate on the web site for new material.

Glad you liked the site. You'll enjoy it more henceforth.

Back issues, the compilation and free friendly advice will always be available.

Steve Hansen

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”